Skip to main content

In their room

So about a year ago I went  to a meeting at church that lasted much longer than it should have. Glen was home "taking care" of the girls. When I finally got home I didn't see anyone in the house and everything was pretty quiet. So I was thinking maybe they went for a walk! I decided to look around a bit to make sure. When I went down the hall by the girl's room I could hear them talking so I quietly opened the door to see what they where doing.  To my surprise I found Lilly with marker in hand coloring on Lucy's face. I asked her what she was doing and she said" I am making Lucy look like a cat!" 

I calmly said, " Oh, is that what she is. Good job! Where is your dad?"

Lilly replied," He's sleeping on the couch."
 
So I went back to the front room to take a better look around and found Glen sure enough sound asleep on the couch. I nicely woke him up and ask, "Where are the girls ? And what are they doing?"

Some how he wasn't sure.  

Then I ask the girls to come out and show Dad what they had been
 doing while he was "watching them." Needless to say he felt a little sheepish, and we both laughted at the great job he did tending, and we also got to explain to Lilly that it wasn't a good idea to use markers to turn her sister in to a cat even if she had seen people doing it on T.V. (Thanks to the Reading Rainbow special on Cats and there inside look at the musical Cats!)
I have been able to tease Glen about it for quite a while,  so you may be wondering why bring this up now after so much time? 

Well . . . 



I have nothing on Glen anymore because my darling dautghers got me too! In my defence I was cooking them a wonderful healthy dinner and when it was all ready I went in their room to get them and this is what I found. 

Lucy was on the top bunk with what was suppose to be just lip gloss. She was applying it to her eye lids when I found her.  So for some reason I didn't think Lilly had anything to do with it but, as I was washing Lucy's face off she convicted herself and said they had been playing Beauty Shop and she had a hand in Lucy's  beautiful make-up job!  Thanks to Grandma Richins and those trips to the dollar store for that great lip gloss, that I normally would have never let Lilly get! (which somehow found the garbage can after this little incident!)

Grandmas are great for these type of things!

Just a side note: lip gloss does not come off around the eyes easily. 

So now I can't tease Glen about what a great job he does watching the girls because they have gotten me too!
Gotta love'em! 

Comments

kj said…
Lilly did a surprisingly good cat on Lucy. Are you raising a future make-up artist?

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"