As of late we have been having lots of girl time!
A few weeks ago Glen went off to Scout camp. He was with about 16 other boys or men. I think it was good timing on his part to stock up on his manlyness because when he got home we had a few extra girls. Months ago I told our neighbors up the street we would watch their three girls while they went to Costa Rica for their anniversary. It just so happened that while Glen was gone we got another 5 and 2 year old plus a ten month old to watch for a few days. Poor Glen went from one extreme to another.I don't have pictures because we were busy keeping clothes on bodies intervening fights from starting, or getting babies to sleep. It was a grand adventure. I don't know what this says but we were able to make it to church no later than we usually get there. So that was a plus! At church someone asked if we could get any more estrogen at our house?
The girls all got along very well until the last day. It was that day and those last few hours that made me very happy we don't have twin five year olds and twin two year olds plus a 10 month old and that we hadn't signed up for the whole ten days. What fun!
The next event we had was this past week with out Glen. He went to Woodbadge for adult scout training early Monday morning and didn't get back until Saturday evening just in time to go to bed for work that night. So while he was off scouting we played and worked! Monday night we went boating with some of my family. Now I am not a huge boater but my siblings love it and so I go to spend time with them. In this process the girls have come to love it! In fact I think they like it more than any of the other grandkids. They like tubing and especially love just swimming in the water. I think that was bound to happen. I do have to say that my mom and I knee boarded at the same time and I did the best I have ever done on the knee board. That just means I got up on it and crossed the wake. I crashed when I was coming back.
Wednesday we made apricot/pineapple jam with some of the apricots we picked and I started weeding the vegatable garden. I say start because it is heavy with weeds. Everything else has taken a priority to weeding but it really couldn't anymore because you could hardly see the plants from the weeds. Then the girls and I all spent the night at Evelyn andRoberta's.
Thursday was a step toward the life changing event that is coming our way tomorrow. Lilly meet her kindergarten teacher! She was so excited! Her teacher needed to take her picture and I had to tell her to stop jumping up and down so the picture would turn out! What fun! After this we canned some fresh apricots and then slept at the G& G Egbert's house again.
Friday was the water turn at Evelyn and Roberta's so I did a lot more weeding so that the water could water my plants! We also played with the toys at Grandma Egbert's house, and later in the evening the girls played in the water at the Crane's. This is one of their favorite things to do!
That night I let Lilly sleep over at the Crane's (that is Evelyn and Roberta's last name.) since their weekly sleep overs will be almost coming to an end with school starting. Lucy and I finally went home to our beds.
Saturday I straitened up the house so it would look nice when Glen came home and tried to mow the lawn, because he had ask me to do that. I say tried because I have only used our riding mower maybe five times if I stretch my memory. My memory didn't help me to much and I couldn't remeber how to get it going and in my attempts to start it I drained the battery so that was the end of that. With no lawn mowing happening Lucy and I headed to get Lilly and ended up having lunch with the Crane's. Then we came home to meet Glen!
What a week! The girls were super good for me which was nice because that doesn't always happen when they know Dad is not around, and I realized just how much I enjoy being around or at least hearing from my husband. It was almost six whole days with no communication. I was more than happy to hear his voice when he called to say he was on his way home.
Comments