It's Saturday and I should be cleaning my house, but I not. One of my goals for the year is/was to get organized and be cleaner. It isn't going so well.
The girls had a sleep over at my sister's last night and Lucy is still napping to recover from it. My sister is so nice. Lucy has said a few times that she wanted to have a sleepover with Nitra, who happens to be a dog. I thought it was funny and told my sister. She made it happen. It sounds like they had a good time. Lilly said they got to jump off of the back of the couch and jump on and off the couch on to the love sac and then on to the bed that had been brought in to the room.
I play basketball on Wednesday nights with a group of ladies. My other sister that lives in the land of snow and cold was visiting and she consented to come play too! It was lots of fun! We almost had our own team with my two sisters, a sister-in-law and me there. It was one of the highlights of my week!
For a while now we have listened to books on tape or c.d. while the girls and I are going places in the van. It has been a good thing, granted I am not completely up to date on my current events and ages behind on the newest music. It has added to the girls imagination. I'll give an example. We listened to The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White. For the next few weeks the girls would run around playing Sarina and Louie saying,"Kohooa, kohooa, kohooa."(that is suppose to be the swan's noise)
Lilly just had her reading tested and moved up to level J. She's just a little a head of the kindergarten pack.
Lucy currently is not a fan of kisses. She will hug and snuggle all I want but gets very upset when she gets kissed and wipes it off while she scowls at you. I also think she rules the house most days. She seems to have a mind of her own, with a VERY strong opinion of her own too. My parents and Glen's parents take no claim for that for some reason. They say," That never came from our side!"
Our suburban currently has Glen stumped. Last Saturday he went to start it and move it, so he could evict some of the birds that call under our carport home, but it only clicked at him. It wouldn't budge. He has tried the starter, the battery and various other things but to no avail. I guess we'll have to actually get it to a shop.
Lastly, I am going to try to start seeds for my garden this year so I don't have to buy so many plants. It should be interesting. Hopefully I don't fry them like I did last year.
The girls had a sleep over at my sister's last night and Lucy is still napping to recover from it. My sister is so nice. Lucy has said a few times that she wanted to have a sleepover with Nitra, who happens to be a dog. I thought it was funny and told my sister. She made it happen. It sounds like they had a good time. Lilly said they got to jump off of the back of the couch and jump on and off the couch on to the love sac and then on to the bed that had been brought in to the room.
I play basketball on Wednesday nights with a group of ladies. My other sister that lives in the land of snow and cold was visiting and she consented to come play too! It was lots of fun! We almost had our own team with my two sisters, a sister-in-law and me there. It was one of the highlights of my week!
For a while now we have listened to books on tape or c.d. while the girls and I are going places in the van. It has been a good thing, granted I am not completely up to date on my current events and ages behind on the newest music. It has added to the girls imagination. I'll give an example. We listened to The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White. For the next few weeks the girls would run around playing Sarina and Louie saying,"Kohooa, kohooa, kohooa."(that is suppose to be the swan's noise)
Lilly just had her reading tested and moved up to level J. She's just a little a head of the kindergarten pack.
Lucy currently is not a fan of kisses. She will hug and snuggle all I want but gets very upset when she gets kissed and wipes it off while she scowls at you. I also think she rules the house most days. She seems to have a mind of her own, with a VERY strong opinion of her own too. My parents and Glen's parents take no claim for that for some reason. They say," That never came from our side!"
Our suburban currently has Glen stumped. Last Saturday he went to start it and move it, so he could evict some of the birds that call under our carport home, but it only clicked at him. It wouldn't budge. He has tried the starter, the battery and various other things but to no avail. I guess we'll have to actually get it to a shop.
Lastly, I am going to try to start seeds for my garden this year so I don't have to buy so many plants. It should be interesting. Hopefully I don't fry them like I did last year.
Comments
Good luck with those seeds. Let us know how it turns out!