I will tell you the girls reaction to finding out they would have a new sibling. Let me give you some background though. For what seemed like months prior to the news coming out, the girls keep asking or telling us that they wanted a little brother, and his name would be, "Tom." They would even pray for him in prayers at night. That turned in to just saying they wanted a brother or a sister for a while, and then a couple of times Lucy said she wanted a brother and a sister. ( I tried to discourage this because I have heard of kids knowing things like this or saying things like this and then it happening.) Then they had a dry spell a couple of weeks before we told them.
So when we told them we ask them what they thought of the idea of having a brother or a sister.
Simultaneous they both screamed, "Noooo," and started running around in circles in our front room. Once they stopped screaming they started saying things about not wanting a brother because boys were crazy. I think this was a little due to their cousin who only has brothers and really isn't happy with that fact in her life.
But then Glen said,"Well did you know that your mom is pregnant?"
Lilly denied this right away and said,"No she's not she doesn't have a big belly." We assured her that I was, and my belly would be getting bigger.
Then she said," OH great, oh boy, when is the baby coming?"
I told her," In September."
and she said,"Okay, okay, September... Well at least we have time to prepare!"
Comments