Skip to main content

Cousins

She may not like it but I said I would get a face shot of my sister-in-law with red hair so here it is.
And I get to much wrath from her because she just left for a while with her kids, so they could be together as a family!

Which is why this post is entitled cousins. The girls have gone from having all of their first cousins living with in about thirty minutes of them, which would be nine, down to two in a matter of months. Of course they will come back, but for the summer they are gone. On the plus side both families are all together and doing much better than if they were apart! The other plus is pen pals. The girls can write letters and drawn and color pictures to send to the cousins and hopefully get letter in reply! They have already done this a little with the cousins that left first and now they have more! Lilly wrote what we thought was a rather funny letter to her cousin, Mikayla, just yesterday that I'll take a picture of.

A few other things of note are-

-The end of school! My husband only has this week and Lilly gets done next week! I think the last days of school are a test of endurance. We live really close to Lilly's school and we have a hard time making it there on time daily it seems. She has been balking at going to school for the last few weeks too. I am glad she is almost done. Also a week or two ago she got accepted in to the ALPS program at HER school. I hope that will help for next year!

-I just band the t.v. for the rest of the week. Lilly has seemed to be living around it and getting rather onery and moodie when she doesn't get to watch the shows she wants and it has been on all together too much! So being the mean mom I am, it is off the rest of the week.

- I have gone a little overboard with books as of late. Between my card and my mother-in-law's library cards I think we have about 40 books checked out for the girls. The girls go the the library with Grandma on their "days" and get a couple books each with her. Then checked out some books, so Lilly could learn about bees and flowers, plus a some other books for me. So we have a LOT of library books at our house right now. It seems to go like that. I have waves of using the library a lot and then I don't use it at all.

- I just finished reading "The Magic of Ordinary Days" by Ann Howard Creel. It was really good! Thanks Heather for writing about it some where in your blog! I am also listening to "Little Women" on c.d. and I have about five other books to read with only two actually getting any of my time. (sorry I don't remember the right way to identify a book in writing.) Books seem to be SO much better than movies!

-On that note we saw "How to Train Your Dragon." It was fun, didn't seem to have a hidden agenda(at least I didn't see one), engaging and I liked it! That last part may be the most important. I am not a movie person to my husband's chagrin. My usual response is, "it was alright" or "it was interesting."

-Lastly,my mother-in-law has joined the blogging world! She really hasn't written anything but I am sure when she does it will be great! My in-laws are great writers! http://richinsandpoorins.blogspot.com/

Comments

Janene said…
I loved your update, and Janae's picture. I got a copy of it for my files (I think). Thanks for your help getting me started!!
kj said…
Thank you for the face-shot of Janae! It's fun to see her red. Between library visits, pen pals to write to and a husband home all summer (eeeek!) sounds like you'll be plenty busy.

ps I think you're a wonderful mother to ban the TV watching for the week. I might just have to follow your good example.
Andy and Brooke said…
I love that you took the T.V. away!!! I love playing the mean mom. heeheehee isn't that aweful? Our poor children. :-) Anyways, congratulations on the baby news!!! P.S. did you know that Jill is going to have a baby in September too?
Paige said…
Thanks for telling me about my Aunt's blog. I have been missing her something awful. And she has made a temendous post now. Just beautifully written.

Congrats to Lily for being that genius girl -- and getting to go to her own school with the smart kids.

Tell Glen Hi!
HW said…
Hooray for Janae's face! And for your updates. I'm so glad you liked The Magic of Ordinary Days.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"