Skip to main content

Time

Can I just say that I wish I had more time to blog or that I could get what I wanted to post on my blog out in less time. I have all sorts of things I come up with to blog about even if they probably aren't really blog worthy. This is sort of my journal so I think that is why my head works that way. I even take pictures sometimes with the sole intent that is would be something good to blog about. I just don't seem to take the time to get the posts out. It doesn't help that my computer is on it's last leg and it has all my pictures on it.(Don't worry they are backed up.) I end up using Glen's laptop a lot but I don't want to put a bunch of pictures and things on it that aren't his, and we don't have the money to just go get a new computer. We have about half of what we need saved but it will still be a while to get the rest. Which brings up something else that I am going to take a minute to get off my chest.

This sort of goes along with time. Glen and I don't do debt and we don't do credit. Except for the house which, really in our situation isn't in our name we are just helping to pay off his parents house, because we are taking Glen's inheritance early by living in the house we do. After that house is paid off then we will hopefully never have debt again. I have to say we have been VERY, VERY blessed to be able to do this. Sometimes though it tugs and pulls at my patience, especially since we live in a "have to have it all NOW" society.

I really do like the way we do our finances and what not it is just the waiting and saving can be a bit tiresome. Because I am sure we could go out today and get a new nice computer with the money we have saved and finance the rest. I have to say that not HAVING to make payments to someone else is super, SUPER wonderful and is one of the things that helps keep me on board our system. I really, really like being able to put our money where I want it to go and not HAVE to send it off to someone else because we OWE it to them.

It really is a great way to work! You just have to have patience because some things take more time to save up for than others. I will add that we have been SUPER blessed, I believe because we do do things this way. Now I maybe eating my own foot when it comes to grad school for Glen, but we are trying to plan for that now, we will see what happens.

And speaking of time, it is way past my bed time, which I stay up past far more than I should.

Comments

Paige said…
YOU people are the reason America still works. Perservere! Carry on! You shall overcome!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"