when the mothers of the eleven to fourteen year old boys in my ward descend upon my house to rid themselves of their sons for a week. They bring them with the necessities and whatever else the boys have packed, help them unload and double check they haven't hopefully forgotten anything really important. They give my husband a few words of advice, if necessary and thank him. Then they turn and skip, jump and hop back to their cars, as they realize they have one child less, maybe two if they are lucky, for the week.
This is also when my mother-in-law chuckles sum what evilly, and wriggles her fingers in delight, as she realizes her non scouting son is off yet again to SCOUT CAMP!
As for me, I will do as my husband said, when I ask if he needed me to do anything else, and pray for him. Especially that they don't end up on the news. Well that and PLAY!
This is also when my mother-in-law chuckles sum what evilly, and wriggles her fingers in delight, as she realizes her non scouting son is off yet again to SCOUT CAMP!
As for me, I will do as my husband said, when I ask if he needed me to do anything else, and pray for him. Especially that they don't end up on the news. Well that and PLAY!
Comments