Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

I wrote about wanting to be thankful in my last post. I don't think it would be quite complete if I didn't jot down a few of the things I am thankful for, and if you are having trouble here is a little video to help you.

So with out further a due, here are a few of the things I am thankful for-
  • my family- The one my husband and I have made, the one I have come from and the one I married in too. They are all super and I need to do a better job of really enjoying them and the people in them for who they are and what they add to my life.
  • my husband- He is a good man, hard worker, fun, passionate, patient, kind, devoted and much more aside from being handsome.
  • my church
  • the seasons and living in a place where I get to enjoy all of them.
  • a house to live in
  • cars to drive that work well
  • my body- though it isn't in the shape I would like it to be in it has done amazing things this last year.
  • health- my whole little family enjoys it.
  • good music
  • our dogs and chickens and even the kittens I guess
  • my breasts- I know they are a part of my body but they are feeding my baby right now and I am very thankful for that.
  • nursing pads- they are a part of life right now and help keep some things from not being so obvious.
  • good neighbors
  • good parents and parent in-laws
  • snow- it is beautiful and brings water even though it is so cold.
  • a warm bed to sleep in
  • my job
  • and so much more!

Comments

Kateka said…
I need to be more thankful for my body too! Though it doesn't look the way I'd like it to, it sure has been good to me! Happy Thanksgiving!
HW said…
I like that you're thankful for nursing pads. They are good when you need them. I always liked that they helped fill out my sad bra a little bit more.
kj said…
I agree that your body did amazing things this year!
Janene said…
This is a super list, Kayci!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"