I recently decided to make a list of goals I want to achieve. One of these is to read 50 books, which may or may not seem like a lot. To me it will be a lot and I will be including books I listen too, because I don't think I can make it with out.
I need suggestions on books, I'll read or try to read pretty much anything, so suggest away! Thanks in advance!
July 15-19 Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him. Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality. Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...
Comments
Here are 5 of my very favorite books:
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
And you should read The Glass Castle and The Help. And The Magic of Ordinary Days.
And you should join Goodreads. Google it.
In fiction: I go back to three books over and over. The Little Prince by Antoine St. Exupery, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (oops, that's not fiction), and The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain (it's ok just to have fun with Twain, and not analyze it to death.)
Thanks for asking for recommendations. I'm taking notes on what people say, so I can read the best of the best.