It's summer. I have been avoiding the computer. I think I do that a lot. I have what I call a semi smart phone though which lets me keep up on blogs and a few other things that luckily include making phone calls and on most days texting. I keep up on blogs more than I should. I don't feel like I follow too many, (though my husband begs to differ.) but mostly family, a few friends and a couple captivating strangers that can write well and are amazing photographers. The posts have be slow in coming though and not nearly as frequent as I would like to help keep me entertained. I keep thinking come on people share your summer fun with me. And here is where my hypocrisy comes in. This is my first post since our official summer began. I haven't posted in July till now but really want others too. So there you have it.
My excuse is that Lilly is out of school for 25 days for summer break. Then on to the next year. So we have been living it up. Our bedtimes have regularly been in the double digit hours of the evening, and we have been savoring every thing we can but have plenty on our to do list that isn't going to get done be for the school bell rings. Just know we are well and having fun and someday maybe after next week I will post about our whirl wind summer celebration.
Here is a high light of a conversation from today. I made home made bubbles a while ago and got them out again tonight. Daryl got a little too involved with them and ended up needing an eye rinsed out. This didn't make him happy and he was resting/screaming on Glen's lap while the girls and I still played. Glen distracted him with the planes flying over, but was rubbing his eye still. I ask him if I should rinse it out again and got an emphatic no. Glen went with that and ask Daryl a bunch of should we questions. Like should we go inside, watch the airplanes, give you a million dollars, give dad a million dollars? All of which he said," Un uah" to. Glen's last question though was, "Should we give you a truck?" This time he paused, and said "Um, brrrum, brrrum."
My excuse is that Lilly is out of school for 25 days for summer break. Then on to the next year. So we have been living it up. Our bedtimes have regularly been in the double digit hours of the evening, and we have been savoring every thing we can but have plenty on our to do list that isn't going to get done be for the school bell rings. Just know we are well and having fun and someday maybe after next week I will post about our whirl wind summer celebration.
Here is a high light of a conversation from today. I made home made bubbles a while ago and got them out again tonight. Daryl got a little too involved with them and ended up needing an eye rinsed out. This didn't make him happy and he was resting/screaming on Glen's lap while the girls and I still played. Glen distracted him with the planes flying over, but was rubbing his eye still. I ask him if I should rinse it out again and got an emphatic no. Glen went with that and ask Daryl a bunch of should we questions. Like should we go inside, watch the airplanes, give you a million dollars, give dad a million dollars? All of which he said," Un uah" to. Glen's last question though was, "Should we give you a truck?" This time he paused, and said "Um, brrrum, brrrum."
Comments