My semi smart phone is about to die. It randomly but very frequently thinks it is charging when it isn't. So since I will have to actually sit at the computer again to blog. I thought I would enjoy my one of my last chances not too. It may not happen very much.
So here are random things I am enjoying about my kids and husband.
Lilly is getting so grow up. She is liking her teacher better this year than the two she had last year. This teacher has a better system in place to control the wilder kids in the class so she doesn't come home complaining about being yelled at all the time. This is good. She tries to have thick skin but is really sensitive to things like that even if it isn't directed at her. She is interested in orchestra so I think we'll try that this year. She likes to climb in one of the apple trees and read or just be alone. She seems to have her own sense of style and not care what others think of it. I hope she stays that way. She also likes to randomly burst in to song and really enjoyed the musiacl theater summer camp she got to go to this summer.( I'll get back to the rest of our summer posts soon.)
Lucy is complex. She is mature but yet a baby. She loves to snuggle or sit on my lap in the morning just to be held, but she wonders why she can't just walk to school with out me after only 10 days of kindergarten. She is a great help with Daryl. She often gets worried about what he is doing before I do. She will do jobs, like picking up her room, or helping dry dishes, when Lilly isn't home with out complaining or whining, especially if it will get her coomputer or Ipad time. She loves to do cart wheels. All of the time. She is really good at being modest when wearing a skirt. She always wants tights or shorts to wear under them. She gets mad at Lilly for not caring as much about that.
Daryl is adventure happening. He is on the go and would love to live outside. He does love books though and if he gets his way in the morning he will capture me and have me read to him. He has learned "no." It's not my favorite word for him to use but most of the time he is so polite with it. If you ask him something and he doesn't want it he says "no,tank tou." (Thank you) He has become our automatic sprinkler system. If he is outside on his own for a few minutes, he systematically goes to all the water spickets to see if he can turn any of them on. He loves to drink out of the hose or sprinklers, even the chickens water pan, which we try to discourage because most of the hoses with sprinklers are secondary water and chicken water is ... well just that.He loves water. I try to tell myself he is building a good immune system. He really likes to swing too. We don't have a baby or toddler swing just the regular ones and I have to remind the people pushing him to not go too high because he's only little. He has a stellar grip though. He is cute with the girls and already can push their buttons. He will give them goodnight hugs and kisses and let them reciprocate them as long as they don't get too mushy.
The other night Lilly was saying our family prayers and Daryl wasn't being so reverent and blew a raspberry on her back as she was praying. She cut her prayer short to avoid losing control and giggling during it. He continued for a moment while we all laughed and the moved on to Lucy. Lilly took the chance to get payback and started blowing raspberries on Daryl's back while he was blowing them on Lucy. We have to work on prayer manners. Glen and I just laughed and enjoyed the kids getting along.
Speaking of Glen. He is great. He is super great with the kids. He plays attack daddy for at least a few minutes when Lucy wants too. He laughs at Lilly's jokes and laughs harder when she explains them. He is patient and kind. He lets Daryl sit on his lap while he mows the lawn. He is willing to take the kids when I have meetings or just need a break for a bit. He listens to all my craziness and speaks reason to it. I couldn't ask for anyone better.
Now I don't know why I typed all this on a little phone, but at least it is written and I can remember it. Which down the road is what I want, to remember this phase of life and how we enjoyed it together.
July 15-19 Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him. Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality. Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...
Comments