Skip to main content

9,6.75,2.75 and .34

These are our kids ages. It is really crazy for me to think about Lilly being 9. I feel like I just got out of high school the other day but it was longer than I think because I have been married 10 years now and have a nine year old. I guess time flies when you are having fun!
Here are a few fun things the kids are doing right now in life. The pictures aren't there best but are very current, like I just went around and took them.


Lilly,9- loves reading, writing, jokes, comics, studio C, riding her bike, riding horses, swimming and lots of other things. She wants to try tumbling or gymnastics this fall. She has a few different stories she is working on writing but has just started trying to write comedy sketches. She really loves Studio C(this is what she wrote her sketch to be like). She just got a short hair cut again. That kind of hair style just seems to work best for her. She would really like an ipod touch or some cool electronic gadget like that but her parents just aren't that cool and don't see the need. She regularly has really big ideas about what we should do with the yard. One of them is multiple tree houses that connect with ropes or bridges or something else that would be cool or fun!

Lucy,6.75- loves to cuddle but also loves to treat you as a jungle gym. One of her favorite games is " Attack Daddy." She uses the long side of the banister like a balance beam, though I really frown upon this, being very careful and holding on to the big beam above it at all times. She loves to climb, swim, scooter, ride her bike and do cartwheels and round offs. She also wants to be in tumbling or gymnastics. She is reading really well and seems to like math more than Lilly, which I am thankful for. She is always drawing and coloring, mostly animals but what ever strikes her fancy. She is letting her hair grow out. She is more particular about her clothes and really doesn't like shorts, pants or anything else to come above her belly button( My sister's were/are the same way). Frequently she says, " MOM, I  need YOU."




Daryl, 2.75- Oh, this boy is fun. He loves all things with and engine, especially things in the earth moving category. He is talking up a storm and will let you know when he doesn't like what you say or tell him to do by saying, ' Be quiet.' He loves being outside and being a helper, and I am constantly amazed at how well he understands things. If I explain why he should or should not do something he usually gets it and obeys and say, 'Oh, okay!' He always asks where is dad in the morning and sometimes where Lilly and Lucy are. Lately he will as, "Where are my girls?" referring to his older sisters. I think it is adorable. He loves swimming or trying too, but really anything water related, except sprinklers. They are scary to him. He still will give hugs and kisses but with a little more persuasion than he use too. He loves to climb on my back and  then twist around part way and look in to my face. He LOVES to be read too. Usually every morning at some point we have to sit and read stories. His favorites right now are any Berenstain bear books, The Escape of Marvin the Ape, Dr. Seuss books- mostly The Sneetches. He has a short summer hair cut and "He is one good looking dude." We already knew that but a stranger a a store to me that the other day.

Ruth,.34- is always smiling and if she isn't it doesn't usually take much to get her to smile. It is really easy to get her to laugh as well. In fact the doctor was palpating her tummy at her last check up and she was just giggling away at her, so I guess she is very ticklish too. She is a great night sleeper and does all right with naps during the day, but it would probably help if they were on a schedule. She is rolling all over from back to belly now and so she moves around. She is also inch worm crawling just a bit, and she has found her toes and her voice. She tells us higher pitched stories and loves to have conversations with you. At her 4 month check up she was 13.11 lbs and 25.5 inches long. She dropped way off of growth curve she was on for weight like from 80% to 52% which I was more concerned about than the doctor, so now I am trying to be a lot more careful about what I eat so she doesn't spit up so much. She has also tried rice cereal now and does okay with it but I think she wants something tastier.  She is still working on keeping it in her mouth too.
She is way cute and I think one of the best babies we have had or at least the best one since the last one!

Comments

kj said…
What a fantastic update on all your kids! They thrive - isn't it exciting? I loved your ending comment, "the best one since the last one." So true! Each new baby is the best baby - not that the last one wasn't the best too.
Hugs, Mom said…
I love your kids! It's so fun to hear details. Give them a hug for me.
Paige said…
I thought my comment would stick, when I wrote it before. Your last line, "The best since the last one," is just wonderful. I wish all babies (and kids) could have a mom who likes them so much!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"