Since I am a horrible journal writer, this blog turns in to mine for our family. Here are a few things that have been happening or are happening that I want to remember.
At the end of June our neighbor, Alan got our suburban running again for us! It started right up. It was amazing and Glen and I were both shocked but Alan was not, because that is how it is suppose to work.
Glen made it through his first semester of grad school. Only four or so more till he is done.
Evelyn's memory is really slipping but she does remember important things,like when she didn't have a car and that my brother is borrowing her genealogy book. She REALLY doesn't like being 89, she says, "It is old and do you know what number comes after it?" Also she doesn't feel that old and she doesn't picture herself that old. 91 was how old one of her grandmothers lived to be and she remembers her being really old but she didn't ever picture herself living to be that old.
I preserved the apricots from our tree this year. There were a lot. We bottled, jammed, dried fruit leather, froze and made nectar with them to get them done. It took longer than I thought. Now the plums are on and beets are big enough to do something with and so it just goes on. It's nice to have it to do though.
My dad hurt his foot at work several months ago and finally the stars aligned, and he had surgery to repair it. He tore some tendons on the bottom of his foot and one that connects to his second two and helps keep it down. While he has been waiting to get surgery the injured toe developed in to a hammer toe. When he had surgery they had to repair the tendons and then clean up the joints on the toe from being a hammer toe. They stuck a pin in it to keep it straight while it is healing. It seems like the last several years it has just been one thing after another with my dad's health. He will just get health and then something happens and he's hurt. He has this big recliner chair that they got before he had shoulder surgery and he said once he is better from this toe/foot thing it is going away. He is tired of resting and recovering.
On the 3rd of August our nephew Logan was born. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 21.5 inches long. He is the so tiny and cute, with lots of dark brown hair. Completely different than our kids except for the cute part. That just means he is a regular size baby and will be newborn like for more than two weeks. My niece, TaLyn was baptized the week before he was born. It was a great event. Two things that would have made it better would have been Grandpa Egbert being there (He was less than 24 hours post op, and having a nerve issues from the neural block from surgery. Poor guy.), and my brother having a microphone to speak in to while confirming TaLyn. I don't think anyone in the room(it was the gym, and my brother tends to mumble and speak really softly, bless him.) could hear that blessing except those in the circle.
This summer seems to have been good for Janae and her kids. She has been able to be home with them and it has made a world of difference for her and her parents. I think they all needed that break.
There are other things I have thought about but for some reason sitting in front of the computer with my hands on the keyboard makes my mind go blank. All of the great post and stories that I think about during the day just evaporate away. I guess I better do better at the old pen and paper; it doesn't seem to have the same effect on me as the keyboard.
My dad hurt his foot at work several months ago and finally the stars aligned, and he had surgery to repair it. He tore some tendons on the bottom of his foot and one that connects to his second two and helps keep it down. While he has been waiting to get surgery the injured toe developed in to a hammer toe. When he had surgery they had to repair the tendons and then clean up the joints on the toe from being a hammer toe. They stuck a pin in it to keep it straight while it is healing. It seems like the last several years it has just been one thing after another with my dad's health. He will just get health and then something happens and he's hurt. He has this big recliner chair that they got before he had shoulder surgery and he said once he is better from this toe/foot thing it is going away. He is tired of resting and recovering.
On the 3rd of August our nephew Logan was born. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 21.5 inches long. He is the so tiny and cute, with lots of dark brown hair. Completely different than our kids except for the cute part. That just means he is a regular size baby and will be newborn like for more than two weeks. My niece, TaLyn was baptized the week before he was born. It was a great event. Two things that would have made it better would have been Grandpa Egbert being there (He was less than 24 hours post op, and having a nerve issues from the neural block from surgery. Poor guy.), and my brother having a microphone to speak in to while confirming TaLyn. I don't think anyone in the room(it was the gym, and my brother tends to mumble and speak really softly, bless him.) could hear that blessing except those in the circle.
This summer seems to have been good for Janae and her kids. She has been able to be home with them and it has made a world of difference for her and her parents. I think they all needed that break.
There are other things I have thought about but for some reason sitting in front of the computer with my hands on the keyboard makes my mind go blank. All of the great post and stories that I think about during the day just evaporate away. I guess I better do better at the old pen and paper; it doesn't seem to have the same effect on me as the keyboard.
Comments