First off, let me just say, "HOLY CATS!" I just uploaded pictures from our cameras and there were at least 400. That is just this year and doesn't include pictures from my phone and pictures from Evelyn's camera. We take a lot of pictures. I can tell I have been bad at blogging because I usually keep on top of that better.
Okay on to the point of this. We made it. I guess I should say Lilly made it. She finished her first year of orchestra. She almost quit, but decided to stick it out. I am so pleased she did. I think it was a good decision. Yesterday she got to go on an orchestra field trip to the Children's museum in Salt Lake. Today she had the final concerts of the year. Just her school's orchestra performed for the whole school and they handed out awards for the year. Then this evening was the Monster concert. They gathered all the elementary school orchestras in the district together, had them practice for a couple of hours and then invited family and friends to listen. They all have been playing the same music but only come together for this night. It was very good all things considered. There were 19 schools represented.
Here are some pictures and if I am smart enough a couple videos.
The orchestra teacher is wonderful! It will be interesting to see if Lilly goes back next year but I am so glad she had this year with this wonderful lady.
Evelyn came down to the school concert with me and was so happy she did. She really enjoyed it.
Lilly with orchestra friends.I only know the two girls to the left of Lilly. Lina is in the white shirt wearing her medal and Hallee is in the black shirt right next to Lilly. They are both neighbors and the three of them are good friends.
Okay on to the point of this. We made it. I guess I should say Lilly made it. She finished her first year of orchestra. She almost quit, but decided to stick it out. I am so pleased she did. I think it was a good decision. Yesterday she got to go on an orchestra field trip to the Children's museum in Salt Lake. Today she had the final concerts of the year. Just her school's orchestra performed for the whole school and they handed out awards for the year. Then this evening was the Monster concert. They gathered all the elementary school orchestras in the district together, had them practice for a couple of hours and then invited family and friends to listen. They all have been playing the same music but only come together for this night. It was very good all things considered. There were 19 schools represented.
Here are some pictures and if I am smart enough a couple videos.
The orchestra teacher is wonderful! It will be interesting to see if Lilly goes back next year but I am so glad she had this year with this wonderful lady.
Evelyn came down to the school concert with me and was so happy she did. She really enjoyed it.
Lilly with orchestra friends.I only know the two girls to the left of Lilly. Lina is in the white shirt wearing her medal and Hallee is in the black shirt right next to Lilly. They are both neighbors and the three of them are good friends.
The best bonus was discovering that Kaia plays the cello. So we got to see Joel and meet Lesley and say "hi" to Kaia. Glen got say "hi" to Kenda too since he took Daryl out in the hall. Can you spy Joel and Lesley in the above picture? I didn't know they were in this till I put it up here. I guess I got lucky.
Comments