Last Tuesday I got to play all day. For several years my mom has gone to "quilt day" every month for the Holiday Quilt show and auction. All of the quilts done by this group are at least hand quilted if not hand pieced. This Tuesday it was bring your daughter and/or granddaughter to quilt day. My wonderful mother-in-law consented to watch my kids and Evelyn and Roberta let me play hooky from work so I got to go! It was fun. I like quilting and sewing though I don't seem to make time for it too much. I only did a little sewing but I helped get a time consuming part of a project done. Now there is just a lot of applique sewing that needs to be done.
Above is the basket I appliquéd and below is the stuff we got. The pincushion and book were from me coming on mother daughter day and then they have drawings and my mom won the bread.
After quilt day we went to Alpine as a family to visit with Aunt Patty, Uncle Fred, M'Li, Joel and Lesley, Kirsta and her kids and the Wimmers minus Mariah. That was great. We brought Janene with us too. Janae was under the weather that day with a migraine and Larry was being an election judge. I sorta feel like I missed out on the good conversations until the end when we were about to leave. I talked with Eliza and Willa but it was more me pestering them with questions and them answering them. I talked with Allen a bit but didn't feel like I should bug him with the heart questions I have because he is in vacation. Then I was in and out of the pavilion watching kids or playing with them or taking pictures. I think I am the only one with pictures, which probably didn't help me visit with people. I will have to work on my conversation skills.
Any way did I mention it was fun to play and be around family? It was. I always love family get together a of any shape or size! Maybe this will become a tradition since this is the second year it has happened!













Comments