Skip to main content

She is great and eight

(I will add more to this later but here is a beginning of Lucy's baptism day.)
Lucy turned 8 in October and was baptized on November 1, 2014. It was a really nice day with lots of family events. Lucy got to go shopping with Grandma Egbert to pick out her white dress. The most important thing was the shrug she got. Once she saw that she wanted it the dress was almost an after thought.
When you take silly selfies on Mom's phone, sometimes she uses them.

Evelyn and Lucy on her baptism day.
Karen Gibson and Lucy. This is the shrug.

Comments

Paige said…
Glen looks so cute. Oh. Your daughter does too. Don't get me wrong -- I like both of them. I just knew Glen before I knew her. What a sunny, beautiful day for a happy occasion.
HW said…
I loved all the pictures from the silly to the stunning!
Hugs, Mom said…
Lucky Lucy! Baptized! Beautiful! And Sweet! That girl has it all!!
HW said…
I just wrote a post specifically for you and posted it on my blog. I love you.
kj said…
Glen reminds me so much of his father. They're very good men those Richins men.

Such sweet baptism pictures! Lucy is everything an eight year old girl should be. Love this!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"