Skip to main content

Just them

I typed this at the end of February. I was probably going to add the bigger girls but didn't. After reading through it though it  I don't want to lose it so I will publish it as it is and write about the big girls separately. I also changed the title of it.
Ruth tracing Roberta's hand. She loves to have this done to her hands and feet.
 Ruth is two and a half weeks away from two. She knows what she wants and is good at making demands and threats. We call her a terrorist. She is mostly happy and good and cute and fun. She talks a lot. She loves hot cocoa, milk and any form of sugar. I am having a hard time getting her to eat good food. On Sundays when we are going to and coming from family Sunday dinner and the other kids want the radio on she wants us to sing the ABC's. So we usually do. Over and over and over again.  This week we had the radio on and tried singing the ABC's to the tune of whatever song was on. I don't know how much she liked it but it was entertaining for everyone else! She loves Minnie and Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck. She loves getting to watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse at Karen's house. She also loves "Nayborhood" which is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, a cartoon version of Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood. Her favorite books are ones with Minnie Mouse in them or other mice, like Maisy or the If You Give A Mouse A Cookie mouse. She likes to draw or write and loves to have her hands and feet traced. This saves us in sacrament meeting. She likes me the best right now in life but is usually the worst for me. Lucy holds a close second and she thinks she is as big as Daryl for sure. They love each other but sometimes she just acts her age and Daryl can't take any more. She is trying to give up napping but still could really use it. 

Daryl playing with Grandpa Egbert's flashlights and head lams and preparing Evelyn and Roberta for the "long" walk home in the dark from the cottage. He got Evelyn, myself and maybe Roberta to wear those head lamps.
Daryl... Is fun and so different from the girls that he just keeps us on our toes. He has a really great personality that seems so much bigger than him. It is a "life of the party" kind of personality. His imagination is fantatic. He has these "meat cats" that he has come up with that are amazing. He talks about things being nauicturnal and gravity and other things that I wonder 'Where did he learn about that from?' He loves to dig and all heavy equipment and trucks and machinery and petty much knows them all and will correct me when I call them the wrong name. He loves to be a helper and good listener. He is mostly good to his to sisters but is still a brother and know so well how to push just the right button. He adores his dad and grandpas. I often say he puts up with all of the ladies in his life till he can get some guy time. He is so good with Evelyn and Roberta and their neighbor Karen. Just tonight he helped get them to their house from my parents and then stayed and said he was going to "babysit them"

Comments

Hugs, Mom said…
I'm glad you published this just as it is. You have such precious little ones!
Paige said…
The kids are going to be so glad you wrote all this down. The light on the forehead is something pretty funny, but you didn't say what that is. Daryl is definitely my type of guy. If you're bored or annoyed with him, I'll come babysit. . . uh, someday.
Kayci said…
I will fix that Paige. Daryl was helping Evelyn and Roberta get ready for their long walk home in the dark from my parents. It is maybe 50 steps away from their house. My dad has a plentiful supply of headlamps and he's resourceful, thoughtful and likes to use grandpa's cool lights. It was really funny because he got at least three adults to wear them- Roberta, Evelyn and me.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"