Skip to main content

March in pictures and a few words

My good friend, Betty, comes to our house to give us hair cuts. She is great!

Ruth turned 2.

Pi day! We had the sister missionaries over for dinner. We had pizza pie for dinner and I made coconut and chocolate banana cream pies for dessert.

We celebrated Grandma Richins birthday! 

Daryl, Ruth, Kennedy and Beck captured one of our cats and put it in this kennel. They gave it plenty of food and water and though it wanted it's mommy. Probably.

On the 17th of March we got lucky and got to visit with the Wimmers and Aunt Patty. Mostly I played with the littles. It was fantastic. 

We went for a walk with Grif, Eve, Daryl, Ruth and Grievous, Then we played with bubbles and chalk. I am sad my picture of our drawings didn't get saved, my phone was having issues. This made me want to live closer to Heather and her wonderful family.

Lilly and Daryl started taking swimming lessons and Ruth loves the goggles.

Jed graduated from Basic Training. My parents and Jill went to Georgia for the graduation.


Our neighbor sold a classic car he had and a car carrier semi came to pick it up. Daryl thought it was the coolest thing ever. He yelled at the neighbors daughter," Hey you have a big truck in front of your house. Want to come to my house to see it?"

Another breakfast with Evelyn and Roberta. Those kitchen windows are the main view of their world.

Jed got home on March 23 and came to visit Evelyn and Roberta on the 25th. We were all happy everyone made it till he got home. Evelyn gave me a really good scare while my parents were gone for the graduation. She had one of her heart spells which is probably a heart attack of some sort and she took awhile to come out of it. I really thought I would have to call and tell them they were coming home to plan a funeral. Luckily she came out of it but I think sometime she won't.

I found Daryl reading to Ruth, when I came to get her out of bed. They are really good buddies for the most part.

This is how we spend our time with the Cranes sometimes.

I went out to dinner with Brandy and she wasn't ready to go back home so we went and visited Ali and Derek. They have two dogs. One of them is Nitra, who is pictured. She is a Great Dane. Brandy couldn't get over how big she was. Sometimes I can't either.

Lilly drew this family picture for us.

Ruth insisted on dressing herself. She had a few troubles but she did it. She also was on a kick of having bandaids on her forehead for no reason besides she needed a bandaid.

The weekend of basic training graduation, we were in count down till Dad gets home mode. Playing in dirt helps pass the time.
We also made a trip to the zoo. My kids had wanted to go there with their cousins for a long time. We finally made it happen. Thankfully Ali and Derek agreed to come with us before they handed the kids off to us to tend till Sunday night. Nine kids with three and at the end four adults is a wild adventure.









I made all the kids line up by the bear exibit. I had to be in it to make it happen.



Daryl and Teagan are good buddies even though they aren't the closest in age.


Proof that Glen and I were both there.

Best cousins and Uncle Derek photo bombing in the background

They loved it so much I had to carry some of them out on my legs.
It was a really good month. We sure are glad that Jed is back though. You never realize how much a person does until they are gone for awhile and everyone else has to step up to fill in for them.

Comments

Paige said…
That last photo really made me grin. I also like the cheetah. You have such beautiful kids.
Paige said…
Also, I loved the band-aid girl with the no-reason non forehead owie. She's soooo cute.
HW said…
I am so happy to have made it into your month! Fun set of pictures and memories.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"