Skip to main content

The first part of May

May started out with finding out our water heater was leaking and had to be replaced. Not how I was envisioning May Day but such is life as a grownup and house owner.
On a good note there were a few blooms on few of Roberta's roses. There is a horrible over deer population problem in Herriman and for the past few years blossoms have been few and far between. Apparently rose buds and flowers are really yummy to deer. 
The 2nd of May was much better. The new water heater got installed thanks to Glen and my dad. We also went to Layton to a barbecue with high school friends. The one family just recently moved back to Utah after living on the East coast for a few years. It was great to catch up and meet some of their kids we hadn't met. It was great to meet up with the Desmonds and Skoubyes even though my pictures don't show everyone.





The girls learned how to make sock fish from the neighbor and quickly made a whole school. 
Daryl, Ruth and I met a friend at the zoo. I only got this one picture of Daryl and Mathew looking at this dinosaur as proof that we were there with them though. The zoo currently has these cool animatronic dinosaurs on exhibit. They were so cool and a little bit scary for Ruth. I was really surprised at how fun and easy the zoo was with just two kids.(Last time we were there we had nine kids and it was pretty much craziness, in a good way.) It made me want to go back and do it again. I owe the big girls a trip now because they want to see the dinosaurs too. 




This guy roared and was a bit too much for Ruth but Daryl loved him. He thought he was SO COOL! 
The carousel was a huge hit with both of them.
The baby orangutan was adorable. Really one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life and I don't think of myself as a gushy cutesie person. So. Cute.
Ruth loves the statues probably more than she should have if it myself think of the germs on that.

The baby dinosaurs hatching were "so cute and tiny," according to Ruth.
Daryl was a huge fan of this dinosaur that sprayed a water mist. He stayed by it and ran in to the spray and out of it for 15 minutes or more. Lots of people had fun watching him have fun. Ruth on the other had hated it. Over all it was a super day at the zoo with my littles.
I guess this is worth mentioning. I got a fabric chain letter from one of my family's friends. I have a strict no chain letter policy, I am always a chain breaker. This one I struggled with though. I really like the lady and sewing/quilting but I just don't have that kind of network of sewing friends to send it on plus I just don't like doing something like that to someone else. Don't get me wrong. I love sending letters and getting letters or notes in the mail and I would love to exchange fabric with friends through the mail. I just don't want the pressure, confinements and restrictions of doing it through a chain letter. Plus I tried figuring out the math on it to see if I could just send her the amount of blocks that she would get from the people I should have sent the letter too and the math wasn't working out for me,(Not that I am great at math) these things just don't work for me. Sorry for the rant.
To end a silly picture of Evelyn! Roberta and her are doing pretty well. Signs of their age and decline are more and more evident. There are getting to be more "rummy" days as they put it and Evelyn has struggled with all the wet cloudy days because of her arthritis. We are forever greatful for the time we get with them and the good memories. They still surprise us with their antics and witty remarks.

Comments

Paige said…
Dinosaurs that really roar -- and don't eat people -- it's the best of everything. I'm in agreement with you about chain letters, too. I think I'll send you a letter today. A real one.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"