Skip to main content

So behind

I have four posts I started before school got out for the summer waiting to be finished and posted. Then there is the end of school and our fun and crazy summer to cover and on to back to school and the present day. Yikes. 

Consistency is not a strong point for me, combined with pregnancy and everyone home for summer; no blogging happened.

So do I do a quick recap or just start with where we are at and what we are doing today, hmmm...? 

I'll just say we had a great summer! Glen actually took his teachers summer and didn't work a side job. It was great to have him around so much but hard too, because I still have my job of checking on  and being with Evelyn and Roberta. It kind of threw me for a loop but it was good. He kept himself busy with projects and puttering around the house. Most of the projects got done but a few are unfinished and we are deciding what we can do and what to hire out. It was kind of expensive to have him home too because of all the projects and fun we had.

The big girls started school on August 25th. Their school just switched from year round to traditional. Lilly started 6th grade and Lucy 3rd. Lilly has a teacher new to the school and not many close friends in her class while Lucy has two of her best friends in her class and an experienced teacher that has been at the school for awhile. So far they like their teachers and classes pretty well. I think it will be a good year no matter what.
They both REALLY want a dog....Okay everyone in the family wants a dog but me. (I would be fine with a dog but we are about to add a child to the family and I don't think I can handle both.) They have been researching and have been bringing home all sorts of dog books from the library. They ask us would you rather questions with different dog breeds all of the time- would you rather have a dog de beardoux or a golden doodle?  It is kind of driving me crazy but I am trying not to squash their dream. I have already said we can't get a dog until after the baby is here and we have a place in the yard ready for a dog and money saved up to buy it and pay for some of the initial expenses. Glen tells me I am so practical and boring, but so be it.
This was the first day of school. I forgot to take the pictures at home so snapped them where I could.

Daryl just turned five but missed the deadline for school. I think it is a good thing. I am doing an online preschool with him that the state funds called UPSTART. The curriculum is through the Waterford Institute and seems to be really good. I also signed him up for the preschool done at the high school. It was not too much money and will give him four hours a week to be with other kids his age, which I think will be a good break for all of us when the baby comes.
He still keeps us on our toes with his stories and pure "boy"ness. I really need to write just about him and his stories or video some of them.
He is clearly not afraid to try anything though. 

Ruth is two. She is getting more and more independent. Well as long as she wants too. She conveniently pretends to be a baby or puppy or kitty or frog to distract from what she is suppose to do sometimes. We have considered potty training and done some test runs but she really isn't ready and neither am I. She is super excited to be a big sister and hold the baby. Most days she thinks the baby will be a girl. Sometimes she says a boy and the rest of the time says it will be a girl or a boy. She really wants to be big and do the same things as Daryl, especially school.
 

Baby 5 is due in about 5 weeks and seems to be doing great. He or she moves around a lot. Like I said Ruth wants a sister  and Daryl but the big girls want a brother. Lilly really wishes we would have found the gender out but we kept with our tradition of not. I have no idea what it is because I always second guess myself.
 I have really good pregnancies with just normal aches and pains. My iron is lower this time around so I am taking an extra supplament for that. I am to the point where I have puffy feet, they had been going down at night but not so much anymore. It will be nice to not have achie hips and be able to sleep on my belly. 

Glen is doing well. He started back to work the week before the girls for meetings and getting things set up. His school was remodeled during the summer which has made for some fun surprises as one of the tech guys at the school. He loved the summer and realized one of the great reasons to stay a teacher. He is in the hiring pool for his district to become an administrator. We'll just see what happens with that. Right now he is very happy where he is at. 


On a side note Janae got hired at a middle school in the district too! It is a huge answer to prayers! 

Comments

Hugs, Mom said…
I'm so glad I checked your blog today. It was so fun to see the pictures of your growing-up kids. Though it made me realize how long it's been since I saw them last. Good report. Funny to see your lone boy in a dress. Good luck with these last weeks of your pregnancy! Love you all!!
Paige said…
Tell your new one I can't wait to see photos.

I love hearing all about this -- and don't worry about consistency because happy surprises whenever they come still thrill everybody.

Your group of blonde princesses was so hilarious -- also Ruthie in the tree. Someone could write a great song about Ruthie in the Tree. Who could we hire?
Paige said…
I just re-read that comment -- I meant "Tell that person still waiting to come out that I'm eager to see him or her." It will be fun to find out whether we'll meet a him or a her.
kj said…
Oh, I can't wait to see your new baby too. I like Ruthie's comment and totally agree that it should be a boy or a girl :) I think you're smart not to commit to a dog before baby #5 arrives. Busy times. What a great report.
HW said…
I love your updates and I think you are probably the most patient and low-key pregnant girl I have ever known. I'm excited to see this new one too! You make really cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"