Skip to main content

Halloween 2015

We made it through Hallowen! I had intended on having all costumes ready by October 1st. That didn't really happen, but they got done... Or we made due in time for trick or treating. 
Daryl was Captain Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Ruth was Minnie Mouse. She wore the costume while she went around to a few houses in our neighborhood and then was done. The costume was itchy and she had candy.  Lucy was Evie,  the evil queen's daughter, from Decendants- a Disney channel movie or show. 
Our nice neighbor Gwen was going through things at her house and brought over this cute pajama suit for Beth. I called her our PJammin' baby.
Lilly was too cool to be with family this year. Her friends and her were characters from Alice in Wonderland- the new movie one. Lina was Alice, Lilly the Cheshire Cat, Halle was the Mad Hatter, and Eliza was the Queen of Hearts. 
Glen and I went to our friends Halloween party on the 30th. Glen didn't dress up for it, though he did wear his King Arthur stuff at school on the 29th(it was the last day of the quarter, with no school Friday.) I found a blue shirt and red bandana last minute and was Rosie the Riveter.  We always stay up way to late visiting and listening to ghost stories at this party. 
This was our stop in to Grandma and Grandpa Richins to show off costumes! Licy wanted to do a little more trick or treating so Glen went with her to a few houses. Lucy wants to move to grandma's neighborhood for Halloween because they give out good treats. 

It was a good day over all. Next year we'll try to be a little more prepared for it. To fully document the day I will add these pictures.
Lucy, Beth and I went to Cole and Josh's football games in the morning. It was the last games for the regular season. Cole's team gets to play in the playoffs but Josh's team is done. They have both enjoyed playing this season. Josh had two touchdowns in this game and almost a third, but was tackled just shy of the goal line. 
Josh is  45 and next to two of his coaches on the left.

Comments

kj said…
Fun Halloween post. I love to see your adorable children in their costumes. You're doing a lot of costumes these days!! And they are all wonderful. I'm totally impressed.
Paige said…
Tell Lilly I was also the Cheshire Cat for part of Halloween. It was a costume a friend let me borrow for the ward Trunk or Treat party.
HW said…
I'm seriously impressed with all the costumes--especially considering the age of your sweet baby! Go Rosie!
Hugs, Mom said…
You are one super mom. And you have darling kids.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"