Skip to main content

15 minute post

Ah life. It's fun.  I haven't figured out a good way to blog consistently yet. The blogger app I had on my phone, I deleted because I kept having trouble with it. So I thought delete it and reload it and see if that works. ...no. It's gone like doesn't exist anymore I guess.  Whenever I sit down to the computer the kids think it's time to climb on my lap and be all over me. I can only handle that for a little bit and then it drives me bonkers and I leave the computer because it's pointless to be there.
I listened to a podcast about being overwhelmed and it said to divide your task up in to 15 minutes and just focus on a task for that long and see how much you can accomplish in just that much time.  I am testing it out with blogging. 

Here is an update on each of us. 
Bethany- turned one in October. Walks all over the place, LOVES to climb on things and in  and just anything to be up. She babbles and has definite opinions. She's still nursing in the morning and at night. This is a big improvement because she really loves it. We are working on weaning but have mixed feeling about it since this maybe the last kid. She eats regular food really well. It's very nice since Ruth is not that way.  She has had some colds and an ear infection which did not help her sleeping habits. She seems to be better though and sleeping, especially at night has greatly improved. That is really nice.  She is really fun and gives the best little hugs where she wraps her arms around your neck/head and squeezes. It's the best. 

Ruth is three and a half and really wants to be five. She is going to preschool and loves it but keeps asking when she is going to be a silver pup and go to dad's school? She loves the LionGuard TV show and is always pretending to be one of the characters. She has this little crew of stuffed animals and plastic animal toys she likes to pack around with her.
That's all with my time limit.

Comments

Paige said…
Fifteen minutes is tough to use well. I hope you're not giving in to the guilt temptation. You do the best you can for as long as it takes. Then you sleep. That's life, right?
HW said…
I liked the small bite. Worth it. Next 15 minutes you can tell us about everyone else!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....