Skip to main content

Conference weekend

Conference was wonderful. At least what I heard of it. I made an irreversible scheduling error on Saturday which caused Glen and I to go on a date to a play. It was good but not what we would have done that Saturday if we could have changed dates. Oh well, live and learn.

These were my notes from it-
General conference- 
Gain a testimony and strengthen it. 
Make and Keep covenants
Teach children 
Success leads to integrity 
Hold your little ones close and give them something good to follow and copy. 

Our job is to bring other to come into Christ.
Don't look around look up to Christ

Learn the language of the Spirit
Act on the first prompting, don't second guess the divine revelation
Be a spiritual first responder 
Heavenly Father knows the needs of his children and who will be willing to help. 
Pay attention to your spiritual promptings
Know they come from God

Trust in the Lord
Do simple acts of devotion to be strengthened.
It is through simple things more often than grand that we are helped

Elder Oaks talk was deep
It was on the Godhead, first article of faith. 
God loves us. 

Great awakening mostly focused on fear of going to hell

How are we using fear
Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to not fear.

Follow the spirit it will guide us and protect us and give us warnings

Observe the Sabbath day and keep it Holy
Hasten the work on both sides of the veil. 
Teach in the Saviors way

Follow the spirit
Listen to the spirit 
Act on the spirit
Heavenly Father loves you.

Now to pictures are in no particular order
We got a new to us ping pong table and everyone has been loving it
Gunner included. He really wants one of the paddles or the ball


Ruth is better than I thought a four year old would be.


Sunday morning we invade Grandma and Grandpa Richins for waffles, conference and visiting.

Sunday dinner was at Grandma and Grandpa Egbert's house and they got a new battery for the little tractor.


 While at the Richins and listening to conference Glen started looking through some old family photos. These were some of the ones I really liked. They are not the best but will suffice for now









Janae and Mikayla came by to visit and eat too. I got photographic evidence they were there even if it is poor.

In between sessions walk with Beth 

As Beth and I were coming back from walking around the circle Glen and the other kids started playing "avoid the pig" where you try to not get hit by a stuffed animal guinea pig.

another attempt at Rindlisbacher pictures on the sly.  I'll have to do better.

getting out the last wiggles before the last session of conference.


Comments

Paige said…
What happiness. I needed something to make me go to sleep cheerfully. You gave it to me.
HW said…
Such great pictures. I liked your notes too. Short, sweet and to the point.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"