Skip to main content

Back to School

School started this week. Both in person and online. Our family chose in person. It has been a big change but good. 

Lilly started Monday. Lucy, Daryl and Ruth started Tuesday. Beth was so jealous and could hardly wait for music class, so she had something to go too. 

Some blessings and favorite things from this week are-

  • Going to school in person. -All the kids said this was the best. I really like it too.
  • Seeing friends and class mates, we haven’t seen for months. 
  • Virtual back to school night for the Elementary where we heard from the good principal and great teachers. They are doing so much to make school happen and the kids are too. 
  • Rewards for perfect piano practice. I am more involved with this than I had planned right now. Daryl and Ruth are doing so good though. 
  • Music class for Beth. I choose not to take photographic evidence  of  the fits she threw  because she just wanted to go to class and it wasn’t soon enough in the day. 
  • Volleyball practice.  It’s always Lucy’s favorite. 
  • The school bus. This helps me and Lucy our the most, since she goes to a new school much farther away now. 
  • Glen taking care of the kids all Saturday while I worked. Friday nights I stay with Evelyn and then hopefully give her a bath Saturday. (It didn’t happen this Saturday.) Then I quilted the rest of the day. I just have borders on the quilt I have been working on for so long.
  • The first week under our belt.  It has been a big adjustment to go from summer to school schedule but it’s good to be back. The kids are being so good about the masks. They are willing to wear them if they can be at school and they don’t complain even though it’s a hard thing. 
On to a few pictures
Ruth’s first day of 2nd grade. Daryl’s first day of 4th grade.

Lilly’s first day of her junior year in high school. 

Beth got my phone again. Her picture pretty much captured her mood for the week. She wants to go to school so bad like the other kids. 

I failed to get a picture of Lucy any day this week but she took this picture of a slide/playground  she wants to play on that is on her way to school.

Since I missed pictures of both Lucy and Glen on the first week of school I made them let me take their picture today. They were nice and cooperative! 


Comments

HW said…
I love your people! Your children are beautiful! I am so glad everyone got to go to school and is happy about it. Poor little Beth though. I also know what that means for you. Thank you for the update!
Paige said…
Everybody's so happy to be back at school. There is so much going on, and you make it all happen so beautifully. I think I probably would have liked a virtual back to school night. Being able to hear clearly sounds like a huge bonus. Congratulations on making progress for your beautiful quilt.
Paige said…
Everybody's so happy to be back at school. There is so much going on, and you make it all happen so beautifully. I think I probably would have liked a virtual back to school night. Being able to hear clearly sounds like a huge bonus. Congratulations on making progress for your beautiful quilt.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"