This week was busy or maybe just emotionally draining/ stressful. It was something and it’s good to have it in the rear view mirror. Here are blessings I want to remember from the week that came along with the hard.
- Antibiotics- Evelyn was showing symptoms of a UTI the end of last week and definitely Monday and Tuesday of this week. Her great nurse was able to talk to her doctor and get a prescription to help us and her out. She is doing much better that way.
- Evelyn’s sense of humor- She is a tease and often twists my words or my sisters words around to her advantage. Like when I have her a bath on Tuesday I talked to her about having two options- 1) she could take the antibiotic or 2) she could wear a brief to help us with the problem that was happening. She quickly replied she would take both options no pills and no brief and then laughed. She has taken the pills, even though she doesn’t like too.
- My mom’s high school friend Ann coming by. My mom is burnt out from taking care of Evelyn and needs a break. Marian and I have been trying to do as much as we can but we just can’t always be there. Evelyn and my mom both know how to push each other’s buttons. Wednesday Ann came by to visit and drop off some quilts she wants quilted. She provided just the right distraction for my mom and relief for Marian and I.
- Glen- He is just good to me and for me. He’s filled in all the places I couldn’t this past week despite having to help figure out key things at work for students coming back. He came up to Herriman to help me fix sprinklers at Karen’s, put the kids to bed by himself most of the nights this week and so much more all with a smile and whistling a song. He’s great.
- Evelyn’s hospice team- These ladies helped us with Roberta and have stayed on with Evelyn. They help us get prescriptions when needed, laugh with us about Evelyn’s antics, and lend an ear with our concerns for her and the task of helping her to the end of her days. They have been invaluable in helping us make it through Roberta’s passing and Evelyn’s declining days
- Grandpa Egbert’s swimming pool- this has been so helpful this year with no public pools really open it has provided a great way for the kids to have fun and burn energy and have cousin and friend time.
- Compression socks- I have been having trouble with my feet and lower legs swelling up this summer and not going away. I went to the doctor about it and he prescribed knee high compression socks for me. They aren’t the most flattering things, though I have found some fun ones online I am getting, they have been very helpful and seem to be working.
- Volleyball carpool- Lucy loves volleyball. There was an eight week beach volley clinic she wanted to do this summer that was two days a week in north Salt Lake. It was going to require to much of me and the other kids to make it happen. The volleyball club she played with at the beginning of the year did a summer program that included beach volleyball besides grass volleyball and some tournaments. Other girls she played with did it as well so the mom’s have been able to carpool and it made it so great and doable.
Here are the sparse random pictures from the week.
When we were driving to Sunday dinner Daryl was looking at all the signs on this sky bridge and ask, “ what is someone used cups to make the word hash brown up there?” We all though his idea was funny and might just do it one day or night.
Evelyn’s neighbor Karen is like a bonus grandma to me and the kids. Her sprinkler system has been in long enough a bunch of the sprinklers need to be raised up so they spray correctly. Glen and I have been fixing them for her and the little girls have been enjoying when we test to make sure they are fixed right.
A picture Beth took that I really liked
I stay with Evelyn Friday nights. Saturday when we were eating breakfast Evelyn put her elbow up on the table with her arm going horizontally up. She said, “Just look at this arm, take a picture of it. Look what it’s become.”
I pulled my phone out to do what she said and she quickly put it down and and said with a grin on her face, “ You don’t want a pick of that.”
Post Sunday dinner cross net play
Cousins eating and conversing on the cottage porch
Grandpa got a can crusher and the younger kids almost thought it was Christmas taking turns crushing cans.
Silly kids.







Comments