Skip to main content

Back at the grind

 I am not quite sure what to write about this week. We are back at the grind of school and work and activities. I don’t have anything to great documented in pictures. I either didn’t take the picture or didn’t have my phone with me. 

We haven’t quite found a routine or groove yet. Or maybe it’s  just me? I need a better way to juggle work, home and kid stuff. I am sure it will come. It will just take some more time and adjusting. 

These things seem like they are the most note worthy from the week - 

I did finally get the SunBonnet Sue quilt done! Plus a little wall hanging for a client that has been waiting patiently.

I make a lot of progress with PTA stuff I was super behind on and am now just a little behind. Plus I might have someone helping me with council level stuff! Wahoo! 

Lilly had her wisdom teeth removed. She was just a little more blunt and emotional coming off the anesthesia. I took some video but won’t share it with the whole world. She was mostly concerned with her other bandaid being gone( they had to poke her twice for the IV).  Plus not being able to eat her smoothie because it was too cold and no straws for a week. I did realize she liked them so much. 

I went for a follow up with my doctor and found out I have mild sleep apnea. It might be helping contribute to my swelling feet. The socks have helped a lot though. We talked about my three options for treating the sleep apnea and I told him so was willing to try them all. I now have a prescription for a C-Pap machine, and I need to talk to a dental specialist about an oral device that might help. Plus I need to work on losing weight and talk with a nutritionist. I also need more good fats in my life to increase my HDL cholesterol levels. 

The kids got to have one last hurrah in the pool with glow sticks and a sleepover with cousins, inside or outside (depending on their comfort level of sleeping under the stars) at Grandma and Grandpa Egbert’s. Plus they got to wake up and help their grandparents with some yard projects. 

Glen surprised us with a new dishwasher on Labor Day. Now the kids can’t complain they might get tetanus when they load the dishwasher. Plus it was free besides gas to pick it up and a part to install it. 

Here are a few pictures that might be worth sharing.

The wall hanging all quilted.
Lilly post op ready for a smoothie, or so she thought. 
A fifth day of school picture for Lucy, since I didn’t have any from the week before. 
Stacking pudding packets on your head while coming out of anesthesia seems like a good idea until it’s not. 


Comments

Paige said…
More people need to know about stacking cream packets on your head to recover from anesthesia. That was hilarious. I think your quilted wall hanging is gorgeous.
HW said…
Your kids are so great! The Jello packet stack is not something just everyone comes up with. Good luck dealing with the sleep apnea. Good sleep is worth gold and I hope you get some soon. You do so very much good in the world. Thank you for letting us see a small peek of what you do!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"