Skip to main content

Doing the best we can

This week has been full of changes due to Utah’s very high COVID numbers. The governor has given new rules for the next few weeks to try to decrease the numbers.  Lilly and Lucy’s schools have both transitioned to virtual learning until after Thanksgiving.

 It’s been a week of working hard to make regular life happen with the various tasks we have and then me starting to get sick. Too bad mom’s don’t get a free pass on being sick.   There are so many ways to feel down and discouraged but I want to remember the good and the good people in our lives and from this week.

Evelyn- She fell this week. Fortunately she didn’t get anything more than a bruised bum. She thinks neither heaven nor hell want her because she is too much trouble, which is why she is stuck here. I don't agree. She is good and fun and doing the best she can being a month and a half from 97.

Lilly's math teacher- Mr. Murphy- He stays late to help his students who need extra help. Not just an hour but several hours, to the point I feel sorry for his family. It’s helping Lilly get the help she needs in a subject that she is still learning to love.

Carey Twitchell- Daryl’s, Ruth’s and Beth’s music teacher- she makes music fun. She’s flexible and encouraging. Beth loves going to music every week. She also loves listening to all her songs and the rest of us will be excited for a new semester for new songs. Daryl and Ruth are learning great things even if they don’t love practice. They sat and played the piano together making a duet out of the songs they know. It was so fun to watch! I am also trying to not take the fun out of music. They need to practice but however they figure out how to do that is up to them.

The teachers and staff at Riverton Elementary- I could say all teachers and staff at any school right now, but I know our school best. They are all doing so much to be accommodating, flexible and safe while trying to teach kids. They are adapting to all the rules and changes, making things available so kids can do things if they are on quarantine.  They are working miracles. They are amazing. 

Here are a few pictures from the week.

Lucy did my hair one day. There are perks to her doing online school.
Last Sunday when it snowed the kids played at the park and built this great snowman.
These are Lucy’s projects for her ceramics class sometime she should be able to go back and get them fired and glazed. 


Comments

HW said…
I am sorry you are sick! Do you have COVID? And I'm sorry Evelyn fell. Poor lady. Everything is harder when you're not feeling well. I am glad you have so many good people to be grateful for. I will be praying for you.
kirsta said…
Life is terrible when Mom is sick. So sorry you were under the weather. Hopefully you are all better now! I need to work on being more grateful for my kids' teachers!
Paige said…
I feel like a groundhog coming up for air. I'm so happy to find you have made blog posts. I actually glanced at the photo and assumed it was one of your daughters who got a hairstyle. What a lovely job they did on you! I also think the ceramics are cool. Letting a kid decide how to practice is a wise thing. Will got really good at music after I stopped acting like I care on a "life and death" level.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"