Or at least really good. Lilly just got done being in Sponge Bob Square Pants,The Musical and one of their song is “The Best Day Ever.” It comes at the end of the show when the community comes back together after letting all the worries of their possible doom tear them apart. We got to be around a bunch of people this week. Mostly because of the baby goats. It good to be around people again. I think it was the perfect play after the last year the world has been though. I probably gushed about it last week too.
The play was so fun, I went back on Monday for closing night to see Lilly do one of the things she loves. The play on a whole has a lot of good messages. It really was a pleasant surprise since I don’t like the cartoon of Sponge Bob.
I recorded most of Lilly’s parts so those who couldn’t make it could see. Not the best quality but it will give your the general idea.
Marian, Ellie, Ali and Derek, Grandma and Grandpa Richins all came to see it on Monday. Grandma and Grandpa left before we could get pictures.
Other fun things from the week included Glen almost giving a student his business card that one of our kids had drawn on the back of. The culprit thought it was hilarious. Okay, really we al think it is funny. Luckily he noticed the writing before it was too late.
Ellie came over to play and see the goats one day after work while Marian went to play volleyball. Beth and her decided it was so hot outside (maybe in the mid 50’s) that they needed to run through the sprinklers. :)
Glen took a couple days off work to work on projects at home and have a break. The little girls loved dad being around in the morning.
Lucy got to play in a 3 on 3 volleyball tournament with my sister. They had so much fun and ended up taking second place. I am glad they all like that sport so much.
Beth wanted to share the baby goats at preschool. We decided pictures would be the best way for that to happen.
I got Evelyn’s hair colored. It helps her to like looking in the mirror. We have adapted how we do it to make it easier for her. It also took her awhile to decide she didn’t like the old lady looking back at her in the mirror with white hair. She thinks of her grandma as an old lady with white hair, but not herself. She remembers her grandma being old at 91 and can’t believe she is 97.
Spring is beautiful!
On Sunday Evelyn was feeling up for coming to the cottage (what we call my parents little house). We have orders from the nurse to not let her walk back there anymore. It’s not her favorite thing to hear and she doesn’t love wheelchairs. She says if I can’t get there myself I better not go. She relented a bit though and was willing to go for “the best ride I’ve had in awhile.”
I thought it was fun to see my not so little Lilly on the tire swing. She also had a lot of fun playing with Raif below who is three.
I don’t know if you can tell from the picture but the sock on his right foot is only hanging on by a thread between is big toe and second toe. He thought it was perfect. :)
This is the only photo proof that the Wimmer’s came to visit us. Beth and Eve double swinging.
It was the best to hug Heather and have them see our baby goats and ask us all kinds of questions trying to figure out why we have them and what we are doing. We don’t really know sometimes. They are just a fun and educational part of our adventure in life right now.
Heather got a few more pictures so refer to her blog. Things I didn’t pictured are Janene, just showing up to visit a little bit before the Wimmer’s visit;), jumping rope with Eve and Lucy and Griff and hearing all about Duffensmurtz and his language, and Avatar, the Last Airbender from Griff, hearing first had details about Eliza’s rouge graduation, Wyatt talking a little about math (He was mostly quiet and patient while everyone else visited.) Watching Alan play with Eve and Griff, because he is an excellent dad and we were short kids. Ruth and Daryl decided to go to school for intervention. (It was a really poor choice of mine to let them do that.) So much goodness in so little time.
On Friday afternoon and. Saturday, my friend Beth and I went shopping for the theater teachers at the high school and helped set up tables, snacks and drinks for hosting State drama competition. It was fun to get to see how the competition works a little since we couldn’t watch anything because of Covid precautions. Beth is fun and good.
It’s so nice to be around more people again. They are good and make life so much better!
That last highlight of the week was Glen and I going on a date to the MPSF conference championship volleyball game between BYU and Pepperdine. It was a date because we didn’t bring Lucy, who would have loved to be there. She was at home watching the younger kids being frustrated she couldn’t watch the game live. She was not very happy with our choice. It was a fun game to watch. BYU swept Pepperdine in a dominating fashion.
There were not so great moments in the week like, three of my small kitchen appliances broke through out the week, but the good outweighs the bad.
I just grinned the whole time I read this post. The musical was so much fun! Thank you for posting videos! She was spectacular as a pirate! And I loved hearing you giggle just a little in the background too. I'm so glad Evelyn is all dyed and feeling like she might be able to take a ride. (I have touched up my roots and I feel better too!) And seeing you and hugging you was the BEST!!! The goats are adorable. Eve loved the double decker swing. And I forgot to thank you for letting Janene know the time she might want to show up. You are so great!
I'm sure it is student grant ride to give that card would have left a message on the back but I can't say the same thing about any parents who tried to interpret it for them
July 15-19 Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him. Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality. Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...
I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many. Being home to attend church with our ward. Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well. They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life. A great less...
Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"
Comments