This has been an interesting week. Here are some pictures and bits of information about how it went.
Here is a TikTok video Lucy was in for school. If you click on the @hvms_hawk_talk you can also see the SBO’s interviewing faculty and staff about 9/11. Their videos have done really well in the algorithm for that.
Walking to church together but late.The “Sunrise salute” Lucy was apart of at her school in honor of the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
Glen and Daryl fixed my stand mixer that has been broken for months but I haven’t wanted to throw out or pay to get a new one. I guess my patience paid off.
One of the tables at OJ’s funeral. I liked the saying in the frame that went along with the poem on the back of his program-It was a really fitting and beautiful service for a really good man. I was glad it worked out that I could go with Marian and hear my dad speak. It brought up lots of good memories of the time we spent in California and the good people there. One of my favorite things about the service was that Oj’s wife spoke and during her talk she sang their song-The Power of Love by Celine Dione. It was such a beautiful and vulnerable moment and the song just fit their relationship.
Install day 1 of hardwood happened at Larry and Janene’s. It looks so good and will be even better when it is done in a few weeks. (It’s taking so long because it is a side job for Wayne.)
Silly pictures Lucy and I saw at TJMaxx while shopping for a skirt for her.
Beth took my picture after she painted my toes.
The Lemonade stand Glen and Daryl built for Beth. It’s painted white now too.
We started out with Labor Day, where we got to just be home and do things around our house. It was splendid.
Then is was back to school and work and the routine of life.
Lucy had a volleyball game on Tuesday. They didn’t win but she gets to jump serve again which is good. We also found out that she had been exposed to Covid so she had to wear a mask to school and to play in.
Glen shared the bug that he had the weekend before with Lucy and I. It has made us grateful for our usually health and well being.
Lilly had auditions for Mama Mia, the school musical. She got to help run the auditions because of being a drama club officer. There were a lot of kids who auditioned-108. She said it was interesting on the dance audition day with that many kids on stage and a short choreographer.
She ended up getting one of the female leads! She’s going to play Rosie. She will get to sing Take A Chance On Me, trying to get Camron(the boy Beth claims as her boyfriend) who was cast as Bill to marry her. It’s going to be fun. I am really interested to see how they do this show on a high school level.
Floor prep and moving and storing all the stuff in Larry and Janene’s up stairs is going well. They have a lot of stuff. I think most people have a lot of stuff. It’s a really interesting thing to think about along with death and mourning.
Lastly, I listened to Being Mortal by Atul Gawande while I was quilting. I loved it. I am going to listen again. It hit on so many things that are so pertinent to what I have been doing for the last 17 years with Evelyn and Roberta. We need to do a better job planning and taking care of those that are dying especially those closest to death.












Comments