Skip to main content

The first week in December

So I can remember some of what went on in December here is photographic evidence of some of the things that happened. 

Ruth decided she wanted to be in the gymnastics recital. She got a fancy leotard to perform in, a medal and candy cane. She loved it. Others of us might have been underwhelmed by it. Grandma and Grandpa Richins came and supported her as well as Glen, Daryl, Beth and I. Beth was a bit sad she didn’t do it but is happy with her choice to take a break from gymnaatics. 

The trampoline  was her favorite activity to show off. 
Beth decided one day that this was the right attire for the day. 
She also lost her first tooth and  shortly after second tooth. 
This is Evelyn’s calendar. Despite it having a very nice foggy forest picture it didn’t past the test  with her. She requested a change so old Christmas cards put on display. She’s such a funny lady. 
This was the best part of Beth being a cowgirl! Evelyn just had to try on the hat. This picture almost became her Christmas card picture but she decided against it at the last minute. 
Lilly talked me in to making a quilt for the theater student teacher she has had all school year. It was her last day and they wanted to thank her for all her work with them. 
Ruth is in the school choir and had her Winter concert. It was fun, short and sweet, which was perfect! 
Lucy, Clara, and I went and watched BYU women’s volleyball as they played in the first round of the NCAA tournament. So fun! 

The next night Lucy, Daryl and I watched as BYU beat Utah to advance to the next round of play in the tournament. That was a great game! 

Lucy got a kick out of one of the player’s dad wearing a BYU cowboy hat and waving the flag. She told Glen if she ever plays for them she wants him to do the same thing.  ;)

Daryl and Ruth also had their Christmas concert for piano. It was quick to easy and fun! 



We also had our ward Christmas party. I brought To-Go containers so food could be taken to our older shut in members, thinking I would have to deliver them with help from the elders quorum president. He is great at getting people to help and  all 15-20 containers were taken and delivered by ward members. It was so great. 

 

Comments

Paige said…
Not an amazing gift. Persuasion. Getting people to live up to their best ideals. I like his style, and that you were not overburdened that night. The piano numbers are wonderful. The gymnast is a cutie. I loved seeing a photo with Janene. All that fun volleyball time everywhere are you tired? Didn’t really take you only a single day to make that beautiful quilt? That is making me tired.
Paige said…
My first word in the previous comment should have been “what”. WHAT a amazing gift.
kirsta said…
Your little gymnast has the cutest grin. Poor Daryl. I'm sure he goes to more "girl things" than he prefers. Having all these sisters is going to make him a great husband one day. That's what I tell myself about Will, anyway :) Bless your music teachers' hearts for making the concerts quick this year! And I can't believe you made a quilt for a student teacher!! Wow, you are a great mom!
HW said…
I love that your best gifts were things being short and sweet. YES!! I am so with you. Even when we are underwhelmed. ;) And did you notice that the EQ president's gift to you was making your contribution shorter and sweeter? I did. The quilt I bet was not a short thing. How very sweet though!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"