Skip to main content

Fun in the Sun

                                                
Sunday night Glen and I stayed with Uncle Fred and Marj in Logandale. They were really great hosts especially since Uncle Fred was not feeling the best. Monday morning we had some time to spare before Glen had to be in St George. They offered to show us Warm Springs. It was a fun adventure. 
The church owned property and the state owned place were not really open but we made the most of it. A gate was open for garbage day on the church property so we wandered a little on our own before the service missionaries talked to us about it for a bit about the site. Then Marj, Glen and I ventured over a low fence on the state of Nevada property part of the springs. It was a fun oasis to find out about.   Uncle Fred and Marj were really kind and gracious. They are really excellent people that I am really grateful we got to spend a little time with. I also really hope Uncle Fred is feeling better. 

After visiting the springs, Glen and I headed to St. George so I could drop him off at a conference before I headed back home.  Just as we headed up I-15 there was a vehicle fire that stopped traffic for a half an hour or more. Luckily the passenger of the van and the horse in the trailer were all safe. 

Monday sunset while driving home.
Glen and his admin friend utilized the photo op at the Utah Association of Secondary School Principals conference to the best of their ability. I was really slow and didn’t see what they had done till he got home and he ask me about it. I had just been wondering why they had actually taken the photo op, that is generally not something Glen does. Silly me. Silly guys. 

I got home and right back in to life and all the thing activities.
Here are some of the highlights. 


The School choir giving the kids an opportunity to do a kind of scary thing, like sing the National Anthem at the Stars game. Ruth didn’t want to take her mask off to sing. 



Celebrating singing by climbing on the Jazz J and not watching any basketball. It’s not really her thing. 
The first volleyball tournament of the year being in the books. It was full of many learning opportunities meaning not to many wins. It concluded with Glen discovering the catalytic converter was stolen off the Tacoma. It can only get better, right?

Time with Grandma and Grandpa Richins and hide and see with Charming, the cat. 
Beth and Ellie avoiding cleaning. Silly girls.
 
Uncle Joe helping with Daryl’s science fair project and letting him use cool tools.
Glen got home in time to help Daryl with the burning wood and measuring part of his project. That was the best part for me! 

                   
                                   Lilly’s talk from Sunday.


 

Comments

HW said…
Such good things! I especially relate to the cute girl who would rather sing and climb than watch basketball. I think the same thing would happen with Eve.
Paige said…
Lilly is beautiful talk. Well said. It’s funny, towards the end, she seem to be pretty well out of gas. So she wrapped it up. That’s what everybody should do when they know the end is there. I wish more speakers did exactly what Lilly did. I am so happy every time I get a glimpse of my dad and Marj. I’ve known him for a long time, and her for just a little while, but I love both of them so much. Thank you for showing me, and telling about how they’re doing. Also, I like seeing the new floors in at Janene Angela’s house is nifty. Also, the cat.

Tell Glen that his picture was funny. An extra bonus for me was that my phone notified me in little letters right under it “not secure.“ I don’t know if that adds to or takes away from the message. It was funny, though.
kirsta said…
You keep up with so many great things with all of your great people. It made Ruth easy to pick out because she didn't take her mask off to sing. I wonder what Daryl's science fair project was. All the tools he got to use! That's fun stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....