Skip to main content

President’s day week


President’s day week didn’t start out as I planned. I was not going to go to Evelyn’s that day. I was going to work on stuff at home but Sunday my mom sent a picture of this note. 

Evelyn hadn’t had a bath in awhile and the last one had not gone well for her or my mom. She needed her hair colored as well. So Monday morning, I hurried to the grocery store, for Nice and Easy medium to golden brown hair color and to her house for to give her a bath.

It turned out really well. She is happy to not have long white roots and has stopped asking us to take down the Morris in the house so she can’t see that scary white haired lady in her house. :)
Meanwhile Lucy was in AZ finishing up a volleyball tournament and heading home with her team. 
Ruth and Beth wrote a play and performed it for us. They even included Camron when he came to pick Lilly up for a date. It was really fun and nice of him. 
Lucy’s team ended up taking longer to get home because of a winter storm that dumped on most of the state. She got home Tuesday around noon instead of in the early hours of the morning. 
Beth and Ellie were really happy to see her. They tried moving her or swinging her but it didn’t go well for Lucy. she was a good sport.
Marian had us take pictures- Two groups of two on 2/22/2022 at 2:22 on Tuesday
A sneaky Beth picture 
A quilt I quilted for Karen Gibson. Her mom embroidered the blocks when she was in her youth. She gave it to her daughter so she could have something from her grandma. I thought that was so sweet. 
At the end of the week Lilly and I went prom dress shopping. We tried a rental store near our house because she really wanted a home thing that she could twirl in. These are a few of them dresses that were tried on but didn’t get chosen.
Also Evelyn has been doing pretty well, so we left her alone for a little while and she ended up falling. Darn. She didn’t break anything or get any skin tears but bruised her arms and tailbone a bit. 

Lilly was also in the school play The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It was really good. This is the live rat they used from the science department in it.  Nacho the rat that played Toby the rat in the play.
The picture I sent for my spotlight in the Relief Society newsletter. Here are the five bits of information I told them about myself- 1- I come from a family of five kids and I have five kids. 
2- My husband and I met at Riverton high, where he now works, and went on our first date because of Silver Rush. 
3-I grew up on a small farm in Herriman when it was a small town. 
4- I help care for my adopted grandma and do long arm quilting for work.
5- I have found out I like kickboxing as a way to exercise, thanks to one of my kids.

We had a a stake youth fireside on Sunday. We had special speakers James and Sunny Lawrence. James is known as the IronCowboy and is an endurance athlete that, as he puts it, is good at suffering and pushing what the human body is capable of doing. He completes seemingly impossible feats of endurance like the 50 Ironman distance triathlons in 50 days in each of the 50 states, and Conquer 100, where he did an Ironman triathlon everyday for 101 days.  He is really big on keeping your word to yourself and to others no matter what obstacles come your way. 
Lilly sang with five other kids in the stake the youth theme song for 2022. They did a good job and like the song with the piano accompaniment the most. 
It was a good week even though it didn’t start out as planned.


 

Comments

HW said…
Your things are amazing. The fireside sounded very interesting. I don't know if I want my talent to be being good at suffering! I also liked your spotlight facts.
Paige said…
All of the joy you take in life really shines through with the photos and your spotlight facts. I really love it how the things you told the Relief Society are framed here in a blog post with all of the stuff that gives your life context. What a good life you are having.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"