Skip to main content

To live and learn here in families -week ending August 7

I could have titled this “In the leafy tree tops my children are climbing.” This title seemed more fitting since the week started and ended with extended family gatherings.

Some other things to remember that aren’t pictured-
Lucy make the sophomore volleyball team at Riverton High again!
Glen is working on getting to know the people and systems of his new school. He is figuring out his strengths are needed and he was probably moved for a reason. It is a big adjustment providing valuable learning and growing opportunities. 
I have been reminded a lot recently about how important communication is. It’s not one of my strengths but I will keep working on it and maybe one day it will be.
On Saturday, I got to go to a baptism for our neighbor, Chase and then my cousin’s daughter’s sealing. It was a reminder of how simple yet big and significant those covenants are.  

If you look close up high, you might see parts of Ruth and Beth in the tree in Evelyn’s front yard. 

Monday night we got to meet up with Heather, Alan, Griff, Eve, Willa, Eliza, Evan, Juliet, M’Li, Joel, Reef, a little via FaceTime, Larry and Janene for fun and food at the park. 
The kids had fun playing KILL with the volleyball, playing around at the park and takings pictures with my phone and Heather’s. It was so great to chat and eat with these great people. 
I think Eve took this of Beth. They kind of had a photo shoot. 


I loved this glimpse of Alan interacting with Juliet. She is the cutest little thing. 

I need to work on my selfie game. Everyone else nailed it but me. Oops. 

Lilly couldn’t join us because she had work at her soon to be old job and started her new job at Walmart stocking shelves at night. 

I feel like she took a giant leap in to grown up life this week working two jobs and clocking around 60 hours. :/ Luckily she only has one more week with the two job gig. 

              

Evelyn surprised us and got dressed in  regular clothes on Friday prompting my mom to request we look for new clothes for her since she is down 40-50 pounds since she was wearing those clothes. 
This was not what I was expecting since we keep thinking she might die any day. :/ We tried to be obedient and find things that she might like, which means they have green on them. Only one thing was approved and she still wondered why we were shopping for her when the clothes in her closet were not worn out. ;)
While shopping Ruth thought having a Phoenix would be a good idea but it did stay at the store.
I ended up staying with Evelyn three nights this week because of other family being under the weather.  It was kind of a lot; we are just trying to roll with things as they come to us. I thought the shadows from outside were cool in Evelyn’s window. I don’t know that this picture does it justice. 
Beth though she was pretty cool stuff because she did that towel hair twist thing all by herself after her shower. 
Left to right- Kent, Deb, Daxton, Emily, Jason in the wheel chair, Carrie, Maridean, Stephaine, Bob in the wheel chair, Kersee, Eli, Kaden, Lily, me.

I ended the week at the temple with my cousins, aunts and uncle. Kersee, my cousin, Kent’s daughter was sealed to her husband Eli. This took almost two years because Covid hit and the borders shut down between Canada and the US. Kent’s family lives in Canada so Kersee and Eli were married civilly two years ago in October. She wanted to be sealed in Utah so more of her extended family could be there and a lot of hurdles got in the way all the way up until everyone, who could make it, was at the temple. 
It was a great experience and reminder of what I need to work on.  

Comments

HW said…
Those kids are so high up in that tree!! You are a very good mom to just roll with all the things. The shadow picture of Evelyn was beautiful. And I am so glad for the time we got with you and the fun pictures! The one with Alan and Juliet between the legs was wonderful. And the sealing must have been very sweet, waiting so long for it to happen. I think you chose the right title because of that.
Paige said…
Lovely. Beautiful. Worthwhile. What terrific things you do!
kirsta said…
So hard to spot Beth and Ruth in that tree, but I'm pretty sure I saw at least one of them! The picnic looked like so much fun and I hate it that we miss out on so many of these get togethers. You ended up with some really fun pictures. Two jobs for a couple of weeks sounds hard - so glad Lilly only had to do it for awhile. Hope things are going well for her at Walmart now! Your pictures and writig about Evelyn are always so poignant. What big and hard things you do. You're an inspiration to me.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"