Skip to main content

The Great Wide Somewhere

 

This picture of Gunner is pretty fitting for how the rest of the week went for me after the funeral. 
I took it pretty easy from Wednesday to Sunday. It was weird. It was like I was on vacation.  I worked on laundry and ran errands. I went to Marian’s to quilt one day but ended up just talking to her most of the time.  There is this great relief but great void. 
I think everyone else had pretty normal weeks. School, work, practice, church youth activities.  Friday, I took the Suburban in for new tires and the kids had no school for a professional development day for teachers. I think we just hung out at home, I don’t really remember. 
Saturday, we went to Idaho for TaLyn’s last ballroom dance recital. Mason, Logan and Ridge are doing ballroom dance too, so we saw them as well. It was nice to get away though we just made it a day trip. All the kids did great in their dance numbers. 
My mom and dad were up there as well. Jed’s family, our family and my parents got food after the recital. Lucy had a moment at the Chick-fil-a, where she saw me and my mom and her all together out of town and said, “ Wait, whose taking care of Evelyn if Grandma and Mom are here?”
Glen said, “ That’s the Lord’s job now.”
All these ways our lives were so intertwined with Evelyn’s are bittersweet reminders of this new normal we are figuring out. 
Spring is blooming. These are blossoms on the neighbor’s tree. 
Chatting with Jed, Mark and my parents in Jed’s backyard
Saying bye to cousins 
Saturday night in April Idaho sunset
More blossoms 
Zip lining into the sunset

Playing with our neighbor’s cute baby in the foyer at church during sacraments meeting.
Ridge enjoying the last cinnamon roll Grandma Egbert brought. 

Ta after her recital

More see ya laters

Our family with TaLyn, the boys were too busy to get in the picture
Lucy leaving secret love notes around in Ta’s room.. 
More sunset
Mark’s wDI find
Ruth zip lining in Idaho. 

Comments

kirsta said…
So glad you are getting a bit of a vacation. It seems like those holes get filled up pretty quickly in life. I'm sure the Lord is doing a great job of taking care of Evelyn now :) That's really cute. No worries there! So glad you were able to spend some quality time with family to breathe and decompress.
HW said…
I am so glad you are getting space to breathe. You need that for grief and to process the giant hole in your time that is there now. What good vacation things you did! Your pictures were of a lovely rest.