Skip to main content

One foot in front of the other- 1/22-1/28

 The good from this week looked like- 

Me having time at home to work on projects. Not necessarily house work but other projects that could actually get finished.  And after so many years going and doing so much away from home wanting to be home and the chance to be home feels like a gift.

Having an unexpected scheduling conflict with our youth activity and another ward’s activity work out. Plus people stepping up to help get things set up and ready in the shortened amount of time we had because of switching rooms. 

Getting to go on a date with Glen even though our friends we were going to double with cancel rather last minute. We went to the Greek restaurant, Santorini’s. It was good.

TaLyn showed up on Friday at our house. Lucy and her proceeded to execute operation room transformation. TaLyn is working on a certificate in interior design from Ensign college. They have been planning for weeks and it was fun to see them pull it together.

Sacrament meeting scribbles by Lucy. We sat in a spot she could see the whole bishopric, which is unusual. 
While TaLyn was at our house, we did most of the puzzles we got for Christmas. Pretty fun! 
I made this curtain for Glen’s office for the gap between cabinets. It’s the fanciest curtain I have ever made. 
Going on a field trip with Ruth’s class to the Natural History museum. Fifth graders are fun. Bonus I got to sit next to my friend, Katie, on the bus and catch up with her. 

Ruth thought all the birds in the trees was amazing and needed to be photographed. 
Our successful senior bingo night with the youth!
A different puzzle Ta Lyn helped me with but I finished the week before. It was pretty difficult to get the border together. 

Comments

kirsta said…
I love puzzles and your are especially neat! Where do you find such great puzzles? (I mostly buy mine at thrift stores - so maybe I should branch out!) The curtain was beautiful. Glen is lucky to have you and I think single dates are just as good as double dates - sometimes better :) I love the frame wall in Lucy's room! Looks great! Also, I agree with Ruth - those birds in the tops of the trees are really something. Glad you got a picture for me.
Paige said…
That curtain you made for Glen! It's true, love, isn't it? People who don't truly love their spouse just put up a little plastic something or other. I love how you are the center of so many great things!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Conversations with Lucy

Lucy-" Mom, Do you know what you can't do?" Mom-"No, what?" Lucy-" You can't put root beer in the microwave. You can't put it in the microwave or else it will explode." Mom- " Is that right?" Lucy- " Yeah, and do you know what else you can't do, you can't put candy in the microwave or else it will explode too. Yeah!"