Every year the weekend following Thanksgiving my side of the family does gingerbread houses. It has gotten more intense the last five years because we do something for the Festival of Trees on be half of my nephew! My mom is also kind enough to make houses so each of us kids can invite friends or family over to do them too. One year I will have to get pictures of the full blown madness at her house, but for now this is a little taste. Plus this year Glen and I decided to extend the madness to our house! We had Glen's sister's family over and his cousin's! This is them working on their houses. It was lots of fun, with a few learning curves.
The learning curve happened when Lilly got a little to helpful putting powdered sugar on Janae's house and decided to clean it off by dumping a cup of water on it! For your future reference water and gingerbread don't mix well. Okay they do but not in a manner that makes it possible to stand the wall of the house vertical. They do make a great gooie mess. Need less to say a wall had to be replaced!
I don't have a shot of the cousin's finished product or Janae's but below is what the later's looked like when I took it to them so they could finish. 








This is the final product-"Whoville" that we made for the Festival of Trees! We are all crazy( I know)! This is one of my favorite parts of the year! It's my side of the family working together on this fun project that's for a good cause and for a little boy we all miss! It is amazing! Great family bonding time and a super tradition!
The learning curve happened when Lilly got a little to helpful putting powdered sugar on Janae's house and decided to clean it off by dumping a cup of water on it! For your future reference water and gingerbread don't mix well. Okay they do but not in a manner that makes it possible to stand the wall of the house vertical. They do make a great gooie mess. Need less to say a wall had to be replaced!
I don't have a shot of the cousin's finished product or Janae's but below is what the later's looked like when I took it to them so they could finish. 

The above on is the house we gave to the Crane's! Below is our house. Glen helped with it if you couldn't tell. below it are some pictures of how "Whoville" came together!







This is the final product-"Whoville" that we made for the Festival of Trees! We are all crazy( I know)! This is one of my favorite parts of the year! It's my side of the family working together on this fun project that's for a good cause and for a little boy we all miss! It is amazing! Great family bonding time and a super tradition!
This is the small tree that my sister-in-law decorated and donated! She did a super job! (Sorry for the chain through the middle of the picture.)
Comments