Skip to main content

Logan or bust!

All of these pictures are in reverse order. So you are getting the end of our trip to the beginning. The girls have a thing for having sleepovers with cousins. Well my sisters don't have kids they have dogs. A few months ago they had a sleepover with Nitra and Zoe, Ali's dogs. Since then they have wanted to have a sleepover with Edgar. He lives in Logan with Marian and she had a room mate so that wasn't possible. A little while ago the room mate moved out so we booked the sleepover! It was exhausting as you can tell! Lucy didn't even make it to the ice cream shop from the pool before conking out.
Like I said reverse order. So this was the last and most tastie thing we got in Logan. Ah, Aggie Blue Mint ice cream. I don't really crave things during pregnancy but I will probably NEVER turn down an ice cream cone. I really enjoy them, okay I enjoy them pregnant or not but use a little more self control when not pregnant. I love this flavor! Totally worth the trip!
Everyone enjoyed their ice cream! And sorry all of these pictures were taken with my cell phone camera because Glen took the real camera to scout camp.
Did I mention we all got double scoops, EVEN Lilly. She had a girl ask her if she was going to eat the whole thing since it was about as big as her head. Marian told the girl not to doubt her ice cream eating skills even though she was small!
Logan has a fun pool! It was well thought out with something for everyone. Diving boards with a deep end, a not quite as deep but still deep end, a 3 1/2 to 4 feet deep area, a kids pool that went from inches to about 3ft. with a couple of water features, and then two slides in another pool! One fast one and one family friendly! It was super!
Lilly was big enough to do the slide by herself and is getting good enough at swimming that she didn't have to have the life guard stop her at the bottom, she swam/ dog paddled her way out! Have I mentioned the girls are part fish?
The park by the zoo is lots of fun!
The monkey bars are a little challenging.
Logan Zoo or I guess it is called Willow Park Zoo isn't huge but it still has fun animals to see. Like bald eagles,
a bobcat,
several kinds of swans (even a trumpeter swan, who the girls automatically called,"Serina") , ducks, geese, and pelicans some of which you can feed.
a cool white porcupine,
cranes- I forgot what kind this one is, plus a bunch of other critters.
This is who the girls came to have the sleepover with, Edgar.
He helped with the homemade pizza, or at least got caught in the cross fire of flour between the girls while they where kneading the dough!
I think everyone ended up with flour on them while making dinner. It was very yummy and well worth it though. I guess I need to let them help in the kitchen more.
We had a silly string fight! Good thing it was outside, I forgot how much that stuff stinks.
Sometimes Edgar thinks he is a lap dog, or maybe Wayne was just trying to protect himself from the silly string!
Okay, besides seeing Edgar, who the girls would name off first in order of most important beings visited, we played with Aunt Annie and Wayne.
Lilly was jamming to the radio on the way up, while we were in yuckie traffic. Pretty funny! The girl loves to sing. If you scroll back up this post you will see how things really went. Oh, add in bubbles, and window marker drawings along with the silly string fight, a movie night after pizza, a few walks with Edgar scattered through out, lunch from Old Grits Mill and a picnic at the fist dam after the zoo and park, and hugs and goodbyes to Annie and Edgar for all the fun. To bad Wayne had to be the responsible adult and go to work.

Comments

megbert said…
i had SUUUCCCCHHHH a very great time!!!! i hope you'll come visit again. lily with the ice cream was classic
kj said…
What a fun trip. Have I told you how much I love Lilly's boots? I didn't know there were so many fun things to do in Logan!
HW said…
I love Logan! I'm so glad you went to the aquatic center and Willow Park Zoo. Alan grew up in Logan and we walked (a long way) to Willow Park on one of our early dates. It started raining and his mom had to pick us up.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....