It snowed. Just like they said it would. A lot. More. Though. We now look like a winter wonderland. It's not winter though. There is still a month of actual fall left and still a holiday to celebrate before "the BIG one." You know Christmas, I don't want to mention it to much because everyone else already does. In fact lots of people already have their lights up and on their house and yard decorations out. Which is fine but I wish they wouldn't turn them on yet. No, not yet, because I'd like to enjoy fall a few more days and be thankful. Even if my crunchy leaves are covered up with a foot of snow, I want to be thankful this month. Not rushed and hurried to buy, buy, buy, though that isn't the reason for that holiday either. Oh, how I dislike commercialism and the super early marketing of all things Christmas related .
While I am on the marketing thing though let me plug my brothers business. If you are in the area and want to hit the slopes visit his site- Utah Ski Express, and he can get you your ski or snowboarding stuff with out you having to visit a rental shop!
July 15-19 Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him. Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality. Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...
Comments