Skip to main content

Airing the Laundry

I'm just going to air some of my dirty laundry. Mostly I'm doing it because I am sick of the smell of it. I'm sick of having it and want to get rid of it but have been unsuccessful for years and years. It's really no secret though, if you know me for very long, it pretty quickly becomes obvious.

My dirty laundry is that I'm a mess. I'm a messy, unorganized, unclean person that leaves a trail of untidiness in her wake.

I have brief spurts of tidiness followed by masses of messes. I embarrass and drive my husband nuts with it. It's a horrible trait or thing I'm showing and teaching my kids. I want to change. No one else can do it for me though. Just ask my husband. As many times as he has come up with plans on how we can keep things cleaner, they don't work. I HAVE to come up with the solution or plan to make it work.

Is that wrong or bad? That I can't stick with the plan that Glen and I have come up with but I'm mostly left with to implement and make happen. Shouldn't I be able to do this as a supposed grown up?

I guess I'm airing this out and admitting it, to ask for suggestions or to see what everyone else does to keep there house neat and tidy. I'm open to any suggestions big or small, mundane or miraculous!

Comments

Kati said…
I'm with you girl! It seems like the harder I try the worse things get. It is so hard! I love to clean and organize but then I find my kids parked in front of the T.V. being neglected. And I didn't have my kids just to neglect them for a clean house.

So there will be a time for my house to be clean and organized, BUT NOW, is NOT the time.

Hang in there! Don't stress too much.
Kateka said…
Man, I was going to tell you what I do (and it's not much) but I agree with Kati!

I mean, seriously, if I can get my sink emptied and in the dishwasher, I consider my cleaning tasks a success for the day. Ha!

But seriously, as long as you're doing right by your kids, don't let other people's meticulous clean lives make you feel inferior about your own. You are amazing!
megbert said…
it seems as though you are not the only one in the family. wayne and me never have a clean house and its just us two. we continuously tell ourselves to grow up and keep a clean house!! yet are never able to do so. i think about hiring a maid every single week, but haven't won the lottery to be able to afford one, so that plan is on pause at the moment. However dear sister somethings in life take time and this might just be one of them. also i LOOVVEEEE your guts. the end!
Paige said…
All I can say is: The garbage can is your friend. Guilt is not.
tikichikadee said…
Every thing has a place and every place has a thing. You just need to find it in your own time. I put things away after I use them and try to teach my kids (including my oldest, hairiest child/husband) the same. Don't try to live up to anyone else's version of clean. Find your own, stick with it. Make it a habit and routine.
kj said…
Bill is WAY more organized than I am. I struggle to keep things in their place. Three things I have started doing that help me are:

I make regular trips to Goodwill to give things away. (Like once a month) Having less makes it all easier to clean up. I even paid my kids .05/toy to give toys to Goodwill before Christmas, so we would have room for new toys.

I try to have a short cleaning time with the kids (like only 5 minutes) before Bill comes home from work because I know it makes a difference to him to not have toys strewn everywhere.

When my kids come home from school I look at their papers and gush over them and then promptly rip them up and throw them in the trash. It bothered them at first, but now they're used to it. (They may talk about this to their therapist one day, but it helps me not need a therapist.)

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....