hypocrite.
I may have mentioned it before but I like to celebrate the holidays in order, blame it on the month I was born in or whatever. I like Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December. I don't like Christmas shoved down my throat from be for Halloween and I refuse to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. In fact I would like all things Christmas related to just begin on December 1st. Alas, I know this is all a fig nuton of my imaginary world and I don't think ill of people able to embrace all of the holidays all mixed up as they seem to come. I just can't do it or don't like it. maybe it's just all the commercialization of it all.
I find myself in quite the predicament because my daughter's school schedule is such that she will have pretty much all of December off. So here I am complaining about mixed up holidays when really I HAVE to get Christmas shopping done now or I am going to be sunk. Oh, the hypocrisy of it.
Here is what the kids looked like for Halloween. In case you can't tell what the girls, are one is a husky/wolf and the other is a red fox. I don't really know why they decided to grab bottle nipples to suck on but that's what happened, the silly girls. Next year I think I'll pay one of the young women in our ward that does face painting to do their faces. It would be much easier and look lots better.
Glen and I were completely boring and didn't dress up at all. We ended up not being able to go to any of the three parties we were invited too and Halloween is really not our favorite. I am trying to get a better attitude about it though. I like the family time, fun, visiting with neighbors and all the good non scary parts of the holiday. I just really don't like the scary, gross or creepy parts. On a side note we got some really good ideas from people to use for next year!
I may have mentioned it before but I like to celebrate the holidays in order, blame it on the month I was born in or whatever. I like Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December. I don't like Christmas shoved down my throat from be for Halloween and I refuse to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. In fact I would like all things Christmas related to just begin on December 1st. Alas, I know this is all a fig nuton of my imaginary world and I don't think ill of people able to embrace all of the holidays all mixed up as they seem to come. I just can't do it or don't like it. maybe it's just all the commercialization of it all.
I find myself in quite the predicament because my daughter's school schedule is such that she will have pretty much all of December off. So here I am complaining about mixed up holidays when really I HAVE to get Christmas shopping done now or I am going to be sunk. Oh, the hypocrisy of it.
Here is what the kids looked like for Halloween. In case you can't tell what the girls, are one is a husky/wolf and the other is a red fox. I don't really know why they decided to grab bottle nipples to suck on but that's what happened, the silly girls. Next year I think I'll pay one of the young women in our ward that does face painting to do their faces. It would be much easier and look lots better.
Glen and I were completely boring and didn't dress up at all. We ended up not being able to go to any of the three parties we were invited too and Halloween is really not our favorite. I am trying to get a better attitude about it though. I like the family time, fun, visiting with neighbors and all the good non scary parts of the holiday. I just really don't like the scary, gross or creepy parts. On a side note we got some really good ideas from people to use for next year!
Comments
Your kids look awesome. Binks and all.