Do you ever get reminders in life? The last year has been full of reminders for me. I have had some of these reminders before but I guess I get distracted easily. I need to do better at remembering them and want to remember them now. Here are things I need to remember from this past year and I may add more as they come to me-
- Your choices have consequences that you don't realize. Choose wisely.
- People are watching you and what you do. Be a good example, what you are doing matters.
- Prayers are heard. They are at the time we need them to be not when we want them to be.
- You have a greater influence than you think.
- It doesn't help to dwell on the negative or bad. It happens in life, learn what you can from it, write it down if needs be but don't let it consume you.
- Don't take your relationships for granted. Work on them, make them better.
- Love your spouse, they are as close to perfect as you are going to find and they put up with your imperfections. Give him or her the benefit of the doubt.
- Talk to your spouse. I don't think you can positively communicate too much with them.
- Spoil your spouse. Do nice things for them just because they are wonderful, and if you are having a hard time seeing their wonderfulness, do it any ways it will bring it out. Think about them more than you.
- Enjoy the moment. It may be the last you have.
- Be kind and do things you don't want to do.
- Death is quick, but dying is a process.
- There is no check list of accomplishments, skill set required, race, gender, religion, age or preference of any kind that will keep Death from coming to you.
- Be more patient with your children, say yes when possible but hold on to your rules firmly.
- Don't judge. It's not your job, and you don't know what someone else has been through, love.
- Hold your baby a little longer and tighter. Time passes quickly.
- Play with your kids, by there rules.
- Celebrate, Enjoy, Have fun, and Laugh.
- Take family pictures often. They don't have to be professional or perfect. Just captured.
- Read your scriptures.
- Listen more, talk less.
- Do something you don't want to do with someone who wants to do it.
- You like clean, and the process of getting to clean doesn't have to be torture.
- Relax and Smile more.
- People and relationships are most important.
- Life is brief and fleeting.
Comments