I don't have a picture of them but I love Christmas cards. I wish I got as many back as I sent out, but it is still great to get these little surprises in the mail. I wish it didn't end with the season. Maybe I 'll try to write notes to people through out the year for fun!
This is our tree. I took a lot of pictures of it this year because it was so funny, I wanted to remember. We by no means have a designer tree, with a color theme or anything along those lines. We did have the standard toddler decorating line, nothing on the bottom two feet. Also a plus to the tree this year was that I did not decorate it at all. Glen and the girls took that job over because I was still feeling Scroogeish on the Monday after Thanksgiving when they decorated. Of course I was feeling Scrooge like until December 24th. Such is life.
Here are things you would have found in our tree- a spider, a triceratops, presents (so Daryl couldn't get them)
icicles, or other ornaments that were exactly the same right next to each other, a baby Jesus nursery,
Barbie or princess dolls, paper airplane(s?),
stuffed animals,
toys horse,
paper elves that Lilly made to help keep track of good deeds done, (sorry i am not a photographer)
birds, and maybe some other things I missed. I guess that is what happens when the kids play with their toys in the tree.
This is just my favorite picture from all of the ones I took of the tree stuff.
Glen and his dad made this shelf and a bench for Janae for Christmas. They did a really good job on it. Who need pottery barn when you have them?The kids got plenty of toys, but Lucy didn't get everything or even most of the stuff on her her list. Like I mentioned Santa is a little lame at our house. Maybe he'll get better with time?
The day after Christmas we had a family party with my mom's side of the family at our church building. It was very low key and that was perfect.We did brunch and then had the gym so some shot hoops for a bit but the big success was playing dodge ball. Nothing brings a family together like throwing balls at each other! Don't worry the balls were not the rough plastic playground balls but soft squishy foam ones. It was super fun and everyone could play!
For New years Eve, we went to Glen's parents drinking party. I know that sounds bad on so many levels but it is just a yearly get together they have with friends where they have posse stew, rolls and make milk shakes or malt for those that want them. Then guests bring appetizers or what ever they want, like this year a lady brought drinkable shrimp cocktail. It was good but interesting. It is a fun evening but the crowd is getting older. Which is fine, I love old people, it's just not to kid friendly. Next year since our basement will be done we are going to have our own drinking party, and gear it towards the kids and our neighbors. So there you have our Christmas break in a nut shell, it also included some good progress on the basement! Hope everyone else had a good time too!

Comments