I gave Daryl his first haircut today. I started out just trimming the sides as shown in the first two photos. Lucy egged me on in fact she wanted a turn with the clippers. I didn't let her. Daryl did really good once I had him sitting in my lap. I had to hold his arms down till I started trimming. Once I started he just sat and let me do it. After I stopped though he wanted nothing to do with the clippers. He was very willing to help put them away.
Also if you notice he's not in his highchair while he is eating breakfast. He thinks he's big like everyone else, and I wasn't willing to fight him on it this morning. The good part is he was much cleaner out of the highchair than he usually is in, at least this morning.

I decided that the top looked funny long. He ended up with a buzz and looks like he could almost join a military branch. Hopefully not for a few years though if that is the route he wants to go. The last picture he was saying "dheese" in. I guess I take so many pictures of him that as soon as my phone or a camera comes out he starts saying," Day dheese!" He is so fun to have around.
On a side note, he is the youngest of our kids to get a hair cut, two days shy of 20 months. The girls were at least two if not two and a half before they got their hair trimmed. I guess it helps to be a boy in this case. I feel like I just made him grow up a whole bunch and took away any baby look he might have had left. Darn. I still think he's cute.
Also if you notice he's not in his highchair while he is eating breakfast. He thinks he's big like everyone else, and I wasn't willing to fight him on it this morning. The good part is he was much cleaner out of the highchair than he usually is in, at least this morning.
I decided that the top looked funny long. He ended up with a buzz and looks like he could almost join a military branch. Hopefully not for a few years though if that is the route he wants to go. The last picture he was saying "dheese" in. I guess I take so many pictures of him that as soon as my phone or a camera comes out he starts saying," Day dheese!" He is so fun to have around.
On a side note, he is the youngest of our kids to get a hair cut, two days shy of 20 months. The girls were at least two if not two and a half before they got their hair trimmed. I guess it helps to be a boy in this case. I feel like I just made him grow up a whole bunch and took away any baby look he might have had left. Darn. I still think he's cute.
Comments