There is a story I have heard from Glen's side of the family about his cousin, Paige. The just of it is, one of her teachers when she was in middle school ( I think.) ask her class to write their goals for the year and one of her goals among others was that her great grandma would live to be one hundred years old. She was ninety nine at the time, I think. And you know she had no control over it and in fact if memory serves me right Grandma didn't make the goal. It makes for a fun story though and I am sure it would be better if I remembered more of the details and the reasoning because I know there was a good reason but it serves a a good start to my story.
Have I mentioned my sister is getting married? She is. FINALLY.
Well I have a goal right now that is a lot like Paige's. Don't worry this all comes together My sister is getting g married in less than a month and my goal is for Evelyn and Roberta to live to her wedding. This may sound like they are on their death beds, they aren't, but then again maybe they are? It has taken my sister quite some time to get to the marriage thing and she had plans of the i do's being said in Hawaii or some place but when Evelyn heard about that she ask her to have it here because she really wanted to be to her wedding like she had been to all my other siblings and mine. She doesn't travel though. So with that and some other persuasion the wedding has been arranged for Utah.
Evelyn and Roberta both promise Marian that they would be to her wedding and she has been holding them to that. Most days I don't worry about it but some days I really don't know. Roberta will be 96 in two weeks and Evelyn is 88 so age is not on their side if you look at the obituaries at all. It's not really Roberta that worries me as much as Evelyn. She has some health issues that she has had for awhile but are flaring up more than I would like right now. With out going in to more detail I will just say I am thinking happy thoughts and hoping those longevity genes keep working for a few more weeks. June 14 can't come soon enough.
Have I mentioned my sister is getting married? She is. FINALLY.
Well I have a goal right now that is a lot like Paige's. Don't worry this all comes together My sister is getting g married in less than a month and my goal is for Evelyn and Roberta to live to her wedding. This may sound like they are on their death beds, they aren't, but then again maybe they are? It has taken my sister quite some time to get to the marriage thing and she had plans of the i do's being said in Hawaii or some place but when Evelyn heard about that she ask her to have it here because she really wanted to be to her wedding like she had been to all my other siblings and mine. She doesn't travel though. So with that and some other persuasion the wedding has been arranged for Utah.
Evelyn and Roberta both promise Marian that they would be to her wedding and she has been holding them to that. Most days I don't worry about it but some days I really don't know. Roberta will be 96 in two weeks and Evelyn is 88 so age is not on their side if you look at the obituaries at all. It's not really Roberta that worries me as much as Evelyn. She has some health issues that she has had for awhile but are flaring up more than I would like right now. With out going in to more detail I will just say I am thinking happy thoughts and hoping those longevity genes keep working for a few more weeks. June 14 can't come soon enough.
Comments