Skip to main content

What we are doing

None of my favorite people are blogging. I feel like I am in a drought. I might start making up stories for what everyone is doing because I am missing them so much.

I can't talk much.

I have a bunch of posts started but not finished and some seem not worth finishing. I could finish the story I started about how Daryl lost our keys two weeks ago and we didn't have any spares, but I started it on my phone and I am at the computer and that seems like too much effort right now to go get my phone.

So I will give you news from today. We got a new bishopric last week, so this was their first official week. It's fun to see the different style each group has. This one will be much different than the last. Testimony meeting was good. Most of the testimonies talked about how different people have had important influences on them and how the gospel is the same no matter where in the world you are. That Heavenly Father has his hand in our lives  and is trying to mold us in to these wonderful people we don't yet know if only we will let him. I also learned that Haitians don't cry when they bear their testimonies. Random, sorry.

I helped in nursery again this week. It will be good to have a break next week. The kids are cute and fun, including mine. I think I am in a spot in life where it's nice to have a break from the little people crowd for a few hours every now and then. Helping out in there sometimes makes me like my calling but sometimes it makes me wish I had a different one. It's a hard one. I am struggling with it. I need to do better.
So church was good.

Right now, Daryl is napping, I am typing this and Glen is playing name that African country with the girls.
Glen's teaching a world geography class this next year so he's working on memorizing all the countries of the world and the girls are learning them too. It's really funny to hear them. They just finished a warm up round and are starting the game for real so Glen is doing his announcer voice  to introduce each of them. It's gone so far as bring out the bathroom scale so he can give accurate weights for them.

Earlier I slid out to the garage to watch some of the Olympics. We don't have T.V. in the house. It's out in the garage and not hooked up most of the time. NBC won't let you watch the Olympic coverage on your computer unless you have a T.V. provider, which I don't. Which I find VERY frustrating (the part that NBC is so stingy not that I don't have a T.V. provider. I really like life with out it 98% of the time.) So Friday night when the girls where off at a sleepover with the Cranes, Daryl was in bed and Glen was off camping with the scouts, I got desperate and hooked up the antenna and converter box for the T.V. to see what was going on.  The rest of the family didn't find out till today that it was working till they walked out there and found me sitting in the camping chair with my feet up going between watching volleyball and reading my book.

So there you have it. Some kind of update, and now we are headed to family dinner with the Richins side.

What's everyone else up too?

Comments

HW said…
It cracked me up that the introductions for the country name game included weights of the players. Remind me to disqualify myself if I ever think I might want to play.
Kateka said…
Oh you know, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. Hahaha.

I love that you were watching the olympics in the garage. We don't have tv in the house either so, like you, I sneak in the olympics every opportunity that I can!
kj said…
I'm not nearly sneaky enough most of the time. I need to sneak more.
Paige said…
Nursery while still raising kids 24/7? I did that. I came home silently cursing each and every week. I didn't let the words out, but I'm pretty sure how Heavenly Father knows how exhausting it can be. I eventually became consistent and very fervent in my prayers that I should go to some other church job. Good luck with that aspect of your life. Hopefully, you're not quite to the profanity-in-your-head kind of frustration.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....