In case anyone is interested on the side of the blog I am putting the books that I have read in my goal to read 50 books in a year. At least the books I remember reading. If I do this again I need to keep better track of what I read and listen too. I am still working away at this goal and have about a month or so left before the full year is over. If any one has any more suggestions let me know, I am open to anything and like having a good list of referred books. I am working away at the suggested books already given to me. Somehow I got side tracked from them.
These are in no particular order, just by what I remembered first. I am also not ranking them or giving a review or rating on them. Just putting them up. I will put an asterisk if there was bad language in it that I can remember, just as a warning to anyone who might decide to read it.
Also I am currently reading or listening to All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot, Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Wall, The Prince and The Pauper, by Mark Twain, The Old Testament in the Bible and Glen and I take turns reading the New Testament to the girls at night for scripture reading.
I have checked out to read or listen to the following books- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, The Freedom Writers Diary: How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them by The Freedom Writers with Erin Gruwell.
After looking at this I shouldn't get mad at my daughter for reading several books at a time, it might be genetic.
Also you might notice that there are a bunch of picture books and juvenile literature books on the list. Yes, I am counting them. I am chalking it up to the time of life I am in. I read a lot of picture books, it's just the ages my kids are. I also want to achieve this goal because I am not a good goal setter and then achiever. This seems like something not as desperate as listing the individual books of the Bible or Book of Mormon or something like that.
You will also notice we have a few authors the kids tend to get stuck on or like. If I have put the book on the list, I have read it enough that I might just have it memorized. I could just randomly start telling it too you with out the book.
If anyone has any questions or would like my opinion about any of these books let me know and I will share. It just seems too consuming to do all of that right now. Plus I don't think of myself as being educated or literary enough to really review and critic books for others. I just like reading or listening to them.
These are in no particular order, just by what I remembered first. I am also not ranking them or giving a review or rating on them. Just putting them up. I will put an asterisk if there was bad language in it that I can remember, just as a warning to anyone who might decide to read it.
Also I am currently reading or listening to All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot, Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Wall, The Prince and The Pauper, by Mark Twain, The Old Testament in the Bible and Glen and I take turns reading the New Testament to the girls at night for scripture reading.
I have checked out to read or listen to the following books- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, The Freedom Writers Diary: How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them by The Freedom Writers with Erin Gruwell.
After looking at this I shouldn't get mad at my daughter for reading several books at a time, it might be genetic.
Also you might notice that there are a bunch of picture books and juvenile literature books on the list. Yes, I am counting them. I am chalking it up to the time of life I am in. I read a lot of picture books, it's just the ages my kids are. I also want to achieve this goal because I am not a good goal setter and then achiever. This seems like something not as desperate as listing the individual books of the Bible or Book of Mormon or something like that.
You will also notice we have a few authors the kids tend to get stuck on or like. If I have put the book on the list, I have read it enough that I might just have it memorized. I could just randomly start telling it too you with out the book.
If anyone has any questions or would like my opinion about any of these books let me know and I will share. It just seems too consuming to do all of that right now. Plus I don't think of myself as being educated or literary enough to really review and critic books for others. I just like reading or listening to them.
Comments