Glen came home today from work and told me I looked all fancy.
I told him it was Lucy's fault.
Everyone noticed it.
Do you know what makes me look fancy?
Earrings .... and mascara.
Do you know what I did today?
Nothing fancy.
Got kids to school. Cleaned the kitchen to bottle five gallons of applesauce, and actually it must have been over six. Took Glen his lunch and tried cleaning the kitchen again from doing applesauce. Daryl really make that impossible. (Sometimes he is a handful) Made the girls clean their room. We ate a few times too. Then I walked the dog and took the girls to Evelyn and Roberta's for a sleepover.
I think that is the opposite of fancy, but it made Lucy happy because she always wants me to wear earrings and I never do. Except for today. I think she is going to insist more often.
On a side note I have motivation to take better care of my apple trees for next year. When I did my applesauce from my trees I got 21 quarts and I have three very big trees. Actually four but it was an off year for the one.
Today bottling my in-laws applesauce from their ONE little tree I got 26 quarts. ( that is why I think my bucket was six gallons and not five becacuse the four quarts in a gallon math didn't work out right.) I don't like that math over all. I better work on my trees. Incase you wondered what six- ish gallons of applesauce look like you know now.
(Sorry for all the not so great phone camera pictures all the time.)
Before I forget, thanks again for that picture, Aunt Patty. I finaly have it up in it's new home in my laundry room and love it.
Comments
I sometimes wear earrings and mascara to just flop around on the couch all day and build people. I feel a little better when I'm a little fancy.