I am not a huge Halloween fan. I have come to like the family time, fun, cute, silly, goofy, walk around and visit your neighbors part. I just really don't like the scary, dark, haunted, make trouble, do naughty things part.
Ours turned out to be pretty fun this year. Once I got the last costume done at about 2am this morning. *Note to self start working on costumes earlier next year. Then maybe we can carve pumpkins.
Here are some of the things we captured.
Daryl had options. He could be a horse or a cow. I made him try the horse costume on. He wasn't pleased.
Despite me not liking the gory and scary part. The nephews love it. Topher was a zombie basketball player.
Glen went Amish on me, but adolescent Amish on rumspringa, hence the cell phone!
Daryl was much happier as a half cow, half " I picked out my own clothes today" two year old. Being outside always helps his attitude too.
Amish Glen minus the phone. I didn't even let him get in the door from work. Once I did though...
he decided to try his hand at being an angry bird. He's so fun. I love that guy.
Here are our happy trick or treaters showing off to Grandma and Grandpa Egbert and Evelyn and Roberta.
Grandpa Egbert told Lilly she couldn't be an angry bird, she needed to be a happy bird. She tried to look angry, but Grandpa is calling her bluff. So fun.
I loved how cute the kids were as we were going from house to house.
This is the spooky house in the neighborhood. Daryl just stood and took it in for awhile. He wasn't sure what to think but didn't scream bloody murder like his sisters did at his age when we took them to this house.
Everyone taking in there fun decorations. It all goes up and down in just hours.
Checking out the loot. Despite a slow/ late start, they got plenty, plus we weren't home enough to give out the candy we bought for trick or treaters.
Daryl's new trick is that he is interested in going potty in the toilet. The catch is, it's usually just once a day. This is fine with me, I hadn't expected anything like this for some time with a little boy. We try to keep it positive and a good experience with no pressure. I think this could either mean he will be potty trained much earlier than we thought or that it will just go on forever. Sometimes I think he just wants to be free and easy. Which is how our night ended up.
(I told Glen you only have a cute little bum like that for a short time in life, when it is somewhat okay to be seen in public. It needs to be taken advantage of.)
Happy Halloween!
Ours turned out to be pretty fun this year. Once I got the last costume done at about 2am this morning. *Note to self start working on costumes earlier next year. Then maybe we can carve pumpkins.
Here are some of the things we captured.
Daryl had options. He could be a horse or a cow. I made him try the horse costume on. He wasn't pleased.
Despite me not liking the gory and scary part. The nephews love it. Topher was a zombie basketball player.
Glen went Amish on me, but adolescent Amish on rumspringa, hence the cell phone!
Daryl was much happier as a half cow, half " I picked out my own clothes today" two year old. Being outside always helps his attitude too.
Amish Glen minus the phone. I didn't even let him get in the door from work. Once I did though...
he decided to try his hand at being an angry bird. He's so fun. I love that guy.
Here are our happy trick or treaters showing off to Grandma and Grandpa Egbert and Evelyn and Roberta.
Grandpa Egbert told Lilly she couldn't be an angry bird, she needed to be a happy bird. She tried to look angry, but Grandpa is calling her bluff. So fun.
I loved how cute the kids were as we were going from house to house.
This is the spooky house in the neighborhood. Daryl just stood and took it in for awhile. He wasn't sure what to think but didn't scream bloody murder like his sisters did at his age when we took them to this house.
Everyone taking in there fun decorations. It all goes up and down in just hours.
Checking out the loot. Despite a slow/ late start, they got plenty, plus we weren't home enough to give out the candy we bought for trick or treaters.
Daryl's new trick is that he is interested in going potty in the toilet. The catch is, it's usually just once a day. This is fine with me, I hadn't expected anything like this for some time with a little boy. We try to keep it positive and a good experience with no pressure. I think this could either mean he will be potty trained much earlier than we thought or that it will just go on forever. Sometimes I think he just wants to be free and easy. Which is how our night ended up.
(I told Glen you only have a cute little bum like that for a short time in life, when it is somewhat okay to be seen in public. It needs to be taken advantage of.)
Happy Halloween!
Comments