I have mentioned before that I really like to enjoy the holidays in the order they come in. I really avoid Christmas music and what not till December if I can, but my kids are pulling out those CD's now. I ask them if we can please listen to something else but usually they win out. We have been listening to Christmas music until I can come up with some excuse to stop it or just can't handle it any more.
I have decided what I really want to hear is Thanksgiving music. I just have this hankering for American folk songs, (I guess that is what you would call them?) like: Come Thou Foundt, All Creatures of Our God and King, and Simple Gifts. These songs proved to be difficult to find today when I was looking for them on Pandora.
Anyone else have "Thanksgiving music" they like or listen too? I would love suggestions.
I understand if it's just me and I'm nuts.
Comments
http://www.amazon.com/A-Thanksgiving-American-Folk-Hymns/dp/B00076GOHU
Some of it you can find on YouTube.