Tonight during dinner Daryl went over to the utensil drawer and got himself a butter knife. I don't know why we let him do this since he is two but he did. Then he was nice and gave one to which ever one of his sisters ask for one as well. When I finally convinced him that if he didn't sit back down in his chair and stop trying to cut and poke his sister's chairs with the knife I would take it away, he sat back down.
He used the knife to try and cut up his scone. Then he used it to put peanut butter on some of the pieces he had cut, and to just get peanut butter out of the jar to eat off of the knife. He had to stand up on his chair to do this. He happened to try to share or poke Glen with the knife in this process and Glen told him to be careful and and we didn't use knives that way. I guess this just provoked him and he grabbed the knife more firmly with both hands and raised it above his head, wielding it like a sword. This made all of us laugh which only encouraged him, so he did it more. I tried to gain control and act like the grown up I am suppose to be and told Daryl it wasn't a weapon and we didn't stab at people or use knives like that. Again that only encouraged him, because the next time he brought it down from over his head he jabbed and poked at the air with it. Which made all of us laugh even harder and him smile even bigger.
This probably doesn't do this event justice and you would have had to be here with us to fully enjoy it but maybe thinking of a two year old boy brandishing a butter knife like a sword will be a funny picture to come up with in your head!
He used the knife to try and cut up his scone. Then he used it to put peanut butter on some of the pieces he had cut, and to just get peanut butter out of the jar to eat off of the knife. He had to stand up on his chair to do this. He happened to try to share or poke Glen with the knife in this process and Glen told him to be careful and and we didn't use knives that way. I guess this just provoked him and he grabbed the knife more firmly with both hands and raised it above his head, wielding it like a sword. This made all of us laugh which only encouraged him, so he did it more. I tried to gain control and act like the grown up I am suppose to be and told Daryl it wasn't a weapon and we didn't stab at people or use knives like that. Again that only encouraged him, because the next time he brought it down from over his head he jabbed and poked at the air with it. Which made all of us laugh even harder and him smile even bigger.
This probably doesn't do this event justice and you would have had to be here with us to fully enjoy it but maybe thinking of a two year old boy brandishing a butter knife like a sword will be a funny picture to come up with in your head!
Comments